Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What do you see in the future?

Old 01-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Banned

Default RE: What do you see in the future?

"This is a wish list not a prediction

1 Smaller WMU's "

Absolutely. Probably #1 on my wishlist as well. Should be common sense. But Rosenberry is adamently opposed. KILLING DEER is the mantra at pgc. Not managing efficiently with "hunting" or managements effects to hunters any real consideration.

"2 Mandatory harvest reporting. With the new computerized system,requireeach hunter to complete the harvest report to get the next years license whether or not he harvested any game. "

I agree. To simply do nothing over poor compliance other than to say hunters are the problem,thats just how itis an so be it.Pgc shouldnt just accept that, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT PGC!

"4 Limit the kids specialAR to two sub AR bucks lifetime. With the new system,a first time junior gets two and only two special tags good till he's 17 that nust be used with the regular tag on a sub AR buck. Two small bucks while he's young is enough for any kid"

Agree 100%

"5 first week buck only firearm followed by second week concurrent"

Sorry. Not for me. I think 2 week is fine as is. I wouldnt want to see so much pressure focused on buck only first week. If overharvest of antlerless is the concern DROP THE TAGS!

"6 Sunday hunting"

I can take it or leave it. Definately some provisions wouldneed to be addressed FIRST.

"8 License fee increase and take the power for that out of politicians hands so they cant hold the PGC hostage "

No way... No how. Dumbest thing IVe ever heard that is, unless you have a solution for "checks and balances" that can be as effective or moreso? I dont trust those bums as far as I can throw them and most others dont either. To give them even LESS accountability than now would be agregious!![:'(] Might be a better way than currently? But NO checks and balances is U-N-T-H-I-N-K-A-B-L-E. When you can get the governor and dcnr out of planting the board of commissioners, then I will agree withyour system of taking ALL politicians further out of the matter and not just a couple whichyou disagree with (and whom many others currently agree with).

"9 Establish a seperate game land permit fee system and direct 100% of the revenue to a habitat and pood plot program. Chargenon hunting license holdersdouble for the privilege of hiking, cycling, horseback riding etc and make all game land users conform to orange laws."

Not a good idea in my opinion. There should beplenty of money for "improvements" to game lands. Currently that moneymay be running low due to Pgcs self created monetary situation.Once that is resolved the other will take care of itself.

"10 Combine the PGC and PFBC (but keep them the hell away from DCNR) to save on administrative costs (admin costs are currently second only to wages and benefits for the whole PGC) "

Ummm. Ok I suppose. Don't see alot of gain or loss in that scenario though.

11 If the crossbow must come, proceed conservatively till we know the ramifications. Stop the expansion if it threatens the length or timing of any existing season or permit allocation

No opinion. Im 1000% against xguns. If they come, then I dont care what they do with them. Hopefully Pallone and the other yes voters will ram them sideways where the sun don't shine...

"12 triple any poaching violation fines for poaching occuring from a vehicle at night "

I disagree because I dont think the violation is any worse being committed at night or being from a vehicle. I think all violations should be multiplied in cost.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

My wish list would be to
1. reorganize the current doe allocations for each WMU. Just reading too much about deer resources in that northern teir.
2. I would like to be able to apply for my doe tag sames as resident license holder. I own ground, pay taxes in PA.
3. Hunt Sundays
4. Xbow legal for all in all seasons
5. Stop the youth AR system. Make it doe only and at worst make them shoot legal bucks. No favors being dome by allowing them to shoot immature bucks when young.
6. Implement deer check stations, same as bear check stations. Only way to get a vclear understanding of the deer, health and population. People on the whole will not send those post cards in!
7. I don't remember if this holds true or has not been brought up, Bring back the Triple Trophy Award. Make it Flint, bow, Xbow, shotgunetc.
8. Put a bounty on Coyotes
9. Implement Bear hunting during rifle season in the whole state.

Get the PAPGC straightened out somehow. The commisioners are mouthpeices and have no backbone or are bought. Get the PAPGC out of law enforcement business and into the game management. Aslk the majority of hunters in a non-biased questionaire what the true feelingsAPGC and it's empl,oyees is and I bet it would be negative. Spend too much time arresting for ismall money nfractions that are mistakes and not enough on the real poachers abusers. They can't get to them anyhow because when you don't have money, what can you take from them?
I LIKE NO.1,5,6,7,8
Old 01-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

with the money issues who will pay for bounty
Old 01-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

with the money issues who will pay for bounty
They could raise the cash by selling more doe tags.................
Old 01-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

that would work jim