Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What do you see in the future?

Old 01-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What do you see in the future?

The licences are going up over the next several years and thats not my opinion. Over the summer I read in The Morning Call, which is the newspaper in the Allentown area, about all the prices going up. Not sure if it was going to start this year but by 2015 they are supposed to have them where they want them. The crossbow is already in affect here in 5C. And its annoying to have unhandicapped people using them during the rut to harvest deer instead of a regular bow. But the PGC wants more deer killed in this area so thats what happens when the regular archers aren't getting it done.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wish list would be to
1. reorganize the current doe allocations for each WMU. Just reading too much about deer resources in that northern teir.
2. I would like to be able to apply for my doe tag sames as resident license holder. I own ground, pay taxes in PA.
3. Hunt Sundays
4. Xbow legal for all in all seasons
5. Stop the youth AR system. Make it doe only and at worst make them shoot legal bucks. No favors being dome by allowing them to shoot immature bucks when young.
6. Implement deer check stations, same as bear check stations. Only way to get a vclear understanding of the deer, health and population. People on the whole will not send those post cards in!
7. I don't remember if this holds true or has not been brought up, Bring back the Triple Trophy Award. Make it Flint, bow, Xbow, shotgunetc.
8. Put a bounty on Coyotes
9. Implement Bear hunting during rifle season in the whole state.

Get the PAPGC straightened out somehow. The commisioners are mouthpeices and have no backbone or are bought. Get the PAPGC out of law enforcement business and into the game management. Aslk the majority of hunters in a non-biased questionaire what the true feelingsAPGC and it's empl,oyees is and I bet it would be negative. Spend too much time arresting for ismall money nfractions that are mistakes and not enough on the real poachers abusers. They can't get to them anyhow because when you don't have money, what can you take from them?
Old 01-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've seen allot of calls for deer check stations. I see no possibleway to implement a system that wouldn't cost a small fortune and I think the reporting rate would be less than we have now.one of problems I see, would be the man hours required to man the hundreds of stations that would be needed.[:'(]
My answer would be a $5.00 fee added to every license, that fee would be waved the next year to all that reported their deer kill tally by computer for the previous year. All that would would be needed is a back tag number and a buck kill and number of does killed.
If you didn't report last years kills then you pay another five dollars per year until you catch on.[:-]
Would it work?
Old 01-08-2009, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

1.Doe tag allocations are different for each WMU.
2.I'd have no problem with that if you own property in Pa
3.contact the legislature.
4No way but unfortunately,you'll most likely get your wish
5I can take the youth requirements or leave them.There's not enough out there to have an effect.
6If someone is too lazy and irresponsible to send in a self addressed postage paid post card,why would they go out of their way to drive a deer to a check station?
7Who cares?
8Why and who would fund it?
9Great idea,then in 2 yeras we can hear you complain how the PGC killed all the bears
Old 01-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

My wish list would be to

2. I would like to be able to apply for my doe tag sames as resident license holder. I own ground, pay taxes in PA.
3. Hunt Sundays
4. Xbow legal for all in all seasons
5. Stop the youth AR system. Make it doe only and at worst make them shoot legal bucks. No favors being dome by allowing them to shoot immature bucks when young.
9. Implement Bear hunting during rifle season in the whole state.
I don't think you realize how risky your thought process is to game management. Go ahead and give me your diatribe now.
It is obvious you just want free range to do as you wish in hunting PA. You may own some ground but that does not entitle you to ownership of all game. I have news...you do not own any of the animals on your ground. Does that occur to you??
If they implement Sunday hunting, there will be cutbacks in other forms. If they add a Sunday to rifle deer, they will probably need to whack a week off the season. JSYK.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is a wish list not a prediction

1 Smaller WMU's

2 Mandatory harvest reporting. With the new computerized system,requireeach hunter to complete the harvest report to get the next years license whether or not he harvested any game.

3 mandatoory bowhunter ed for all new archery hunters. Again with the advent of the new system, it would be much easier to enforce

4 Limit the kids specialAR to two sub AR bucks lifetime. With the new system,a first time junior gets two and only two special tags good till he's 17 that nust be used with the regular tag on a sub AR buck. Two small bucks while he's young is enough for any kid

5 first week buck only firearm followed by second week concurrent

6 Sunday hunting

7 allow a nonresident property owner doe tag system good for that property ONLY for the owner and the immediate family only. Otherwise, doe tags for nonresidents only after residents have a first chance with each wave of applications. Institute a preference point system for unsuccesful nonresidents in high demand areas t give them a chance ata tag that gets better each time they apply but miss getting one.Take the doe permits away from county treasurers.

8 License fee increase and take the power for that out of politicians hands so they cant hold the PGC hostage

9 Establish a seperate game land permit fee system and direct 100% of the revenue to a habitat and pood plot program. Chargenon hunting license holdersdouble for the privilege of hiking, cycling, horseback riding etc and make all game land users conform to orange laws.

10 Combine the PGC and PFBC (but keep them the hell away from DCNR) to save on administrative costs (admin costs are currently second only to wages and benefits for the whole PGC)

11 If the crossbow must come, proceed conservatively till we know the ramifications. Stop the expansion if it threatens the length or timing of any existing season or permit allocation

12 triple any poaching violation fines for poaching occuring from a vehicle at night
Old 01-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

1.Smaller WMU's

agreed, some cover way to much space and variety of deer management opportunities.

2 Mandatory harvest reporting. With the new computerized system,requireeach hunter to complete the harvest report to get the next years license whether or not he harvested any game.

Agrred. But oif they can;t control a system that has been implkemented in other states for years, do you think they could manage this. I would like to see it .....

3 mandatoory bowhunter ed for all new archery hunters. Again with the advent of the new system, it would be much easier to enforce

Must have the initital hunters ed, can b done by expanding the current hunter ed an extra 4 hours.

4 Limit the kids specialAR to two sub AR bucks lifetime. With the new system,a first time junior gets two and only two special tags good till he's 17 that nust be used with the regular tag on a sub AR buck. Two small bucks while he's young is enough for any kid

Man I don'r know about that one.........

5 first week buck only firearm followed by second week concurrent

It doesn't bother me one way or the other.

6 Sunday hunting

Agrred

7 allow a nonresident property owner doe tag system good for that property ONLY for the owner and the immediate family only. Otherwise, doe tags for nonresidents only after residents have a first chance with each wave of applications. Institute a preference point system for unsuccesful nonresidents in high demand areas t give them a chance ata tag that gets better each time they apply but miss getting one.Take the doe permits away from county treasurers.

I'll take that in the initial wave, for additional tags use your point preference idea. I still pay taxes and buy a license, it does entoitle me over someone justdropping by for the day my friend.

8 License fee increase and take the power for that out of politicians hands so they cant hold the PGC hostage

Do you think the PAPGC will act any differently of this enacted?

9 Establish a seperate game land permit fee system and direct 100% of the revenue to a habitat and pood plot program. Chargenon hunting license holdersdouble for the privilege of hiking, cycling, horseback riding etc and make all game land users conform to orange laws.

Good one! Make em' card carrying or license carrying members. Needs done ASAP!

10 Combine the PGC and PFBC (but keep them the hell away from DCNR) to save on administrative costs (admin costs are currently second only to wages and benefits for the whole PGC)

??? no answer o this one.

11 If the crossbow must come, proceed conservatively till we know the ramifications. Stop the expansion if it threatens the length or timing of any existing season or permit allocation

If that is the reasoning then include in that your compound weapon. If such is found everyone go back to a stick bow.

12 triple any poaching violation fines for poaching occuring from a vehicle at night

Amen. Active Prosecution jail, fines, forfitures and all else. These people don't care unitl all is taken.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

Yes, this is the only way to go. I have often thought this is how they should do it in NY too.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

don't think you realize how risky your thought process is to game management. Go ahead and give me your diatribe now.
It is obvious you just want free range to do as you wish in hunting PA. You may own some ground but that does not entitle you to ownership of all game. I have news...you do not own any of the animals on your ground. Does that occur to you??
If they implement Sunday hunting, there will be cutbacks in other forms. If they add a Sunday to rifle deer, they will probably need to whack a week off the season. JSYK.
livbuks, Never said I owned the game. But I do feed em' throught the winter and supplement in the spring. Ina ddition to building food plots, cutting browse for em. I could care less what they do w/ rifle season now. It has changed from a rite of passage to a meat grinder brown down game. My camp is using our days in rut, and will be using our days more in Flintlock second season. Both of these seasons allow multiple types of hunting and more ooportunity for game.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

1Doe tag allocations are different for each WMU.
2.I'd have no problem with that if you own property in Pa
3.contact the legislature.
4No way but unfortunately,you'll most likely get your wish
5I can take the youth requirements or leave them.There's not enough out there to have an effect.
6If someone is too lazy and irresponsible to send in a self addressed postage paid post card,why would they go out of their way to drive a deer to a check station? Triple trophy
7Who cares?
8Why and who would fund it?
9Great idea,then in 2 yeras we can hear you complain how the PGC killed all the bears
[align=right]
[/align]
Doge, I expected as much response from you, WMU's do have allocations they need to be severely adjusted to meet the population. DUH! The youth are going to driving the program in a few short years. It is very important to handle that and them correctly! Deer check stations are where you purchase your license. For the stores it brings in hunters to just look at the deer and buy more supplies, get some additional income. They ain't getting rich selling thew license! Triple trophy created a sens eof accomplishment at the highest level. It acknowledged a hunter as truly one of the elite in the state or woods. You should understand that elitism????............Coyotes, why....and you go in the woods hunting......never mind then! Maybe bears were a little strong, but it seems as though they are getting pretty prevelant around the state. I don't have the time off to hunt them nor do many of the locals and hunters where i ma at have time. Trying to figure a way to take a crack at them. Again wish list.

Quick Reply: What do you see in the future?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.