Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What do you see in the future?

Old 12-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you see in the future?

no spotlighting would help how poachers wouldnt do it because? it would be illeagl

Old 12-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Banned

No. SOME of them would no longer do it because the risk would outweigh the reward.

Much easier to get caught with spotlighting not legal. A million candlepower spotlight on the horizon has a way of catching your eye.

Not something I would fight tooth and nail for, that is just my opinion of things being discussed.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I predict,
no license increase
full crossbow inclusion [yuck]
less pheasant stockings
and the year after inlines in the second season
Old 12-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

I guess that depends on the hunter. Personally, I love bowhunting so much, I simply won't kill a buck till a truly mature one comes by. I have passed up young bucks all the way to the last day of late season. Does are another story. I'm blessed to be hunting areas where there are plenty of them and with two teenagers who love venison, I take several each year but I also pass on them in areas where the numbers seem to be down.
if everyone would do as you do, i would have a lot of respect but in wmu2g,that did not happen.

for most part,ITS BROWN ITS DOWN.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: germain

I predict,
no license increase
full crossbow inclusion [yuck]
less pheasant stockings
and the year after inlines in the second season
kiss you archery hunting as you now know itgoodbye if crossbows are allowed.

its not crossbow,ITS ALL NEW HUNTERS THAT WILL BE IN WOODS SCARING WHAT LITTLE BUCK ARE LEFT.

they will be after doe with bow but will spook the h out of buck.

heck, i saw crews driving deer last year with crossbows and they were all handicapped too.

most think the crossbows are gun too that you can shoot 40.50 /60 yds easy.

more wounded deer, for sure.

harder hunting for all of us in archery.[:@]

but, there is PLUS with it, do to increase in hunters stinking up woods,MORE DEER WILL MAKE IT TOO GUN SEASON .
Old 12-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

i hear they are going to make crossbows legal in archery
well, that will be end to being out in archery and having place,somewhat to yourself.

when i saw crossbow hunters last year driving deer in wmu2g handicapped too, it opened my eyes.

all its going to do is take in more money and make money for crossbow manufacturers.

i see the compound bow going the same route as the recurve bow.

i hear the compound bow companys are not very happy over this, their sales have been dropping.

same for FLINTLOCK MANUFACTURES,they had to go to in-lines to stay alive on sales.

i know hunters that got 3,000 or more in all these new weapons,they are spending a ton of money to get a DOE.

unreal.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am sitting on the fence with the crossgun. I've shot em, killed deer with em and own one but could do with or without it. Except under certain late season conditions where cover is very sparse and the stand positioning is limited, I overwhelmingly prefer to use my compound. They are noisy, unweildy, and less stable and less accurate than a well tuned compound in capable hands. On the other hand, they are more accurate when in less practiced hands.

I'm not convinced either way as to what crossbows are going to do to success rates and what kind of hunters they will add to the archery woods. To me that means we should be cautious about letting them in.

This is definitely onearea where the PGC has ignored the wishes of both the hnting majority and their own staff. The majority of huntersthat have vocalized a preference areOKwith crossbows but not in archery season. PGC staff admits they don't know what effect the crossbow will have yet it went right through.[:'(]
Old 12-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Banned

"Except under certain late season conditions where cover is very sparse and the stand positioning is limited"

Stand positioning is never limited. Hunt higher.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can only get so high in a four inch tree
Old 12-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

But only a fool would choose a 4" tree!!!

Quick Reply: What do you see in the future?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.