Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What do you see in the future?

Old 12-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What do you see in the future?

I see the future holding a bunch of changes and regulations. Some good, some bad. What ever they want to throw at me I will adapt to and tryand have as much fun as I can in the woods. My biggest worry is the flood of hunters into the archery woods armed with X-bows. NOT looking forward to that at all. It'll turn into a silent gun season. [:'(][:@]

If I had a magic wand I would:
Raise the cost of licenses $5 & all extra stamps $3 & get rid of the back tag system
Raise the cost of doe tags to $10 and eliminate the country treasurer system.
NOT allow X-bows into archery
Allow sunday hunting
Gun season would run the Sat after thanksgiving to the following sunday (9 days)
It would be concurrent and keep the same AR's
I would keep the early ML but can the early Sr & youth rifle season.
Archery would start Oct 1 And run untilJan 15
Spot lighting would be outlawed Sept 1 to Feb 1

Old 12-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I see the future holding a bunch of changes and regulations. Some good, some bad. What ever they want to throw at me I will adapt to and tryand have as much fun as I can in the woods. My biggest worry is the flood of hunters into the archery woods armed with X-bows. NOT looking forward to that at all. It'll turn into a silent gun season. [:'(][:@]

Raise the cost of licenses $5 & all extra stamps $3 & get rid of the back tag system
Allow sunday hunting
Gun season would run the Sat after thanksgiving to the following sunday (9 days)
Love most of em and could live with all of em Rybo!!
Old 12-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

like them all exept maybe the crossbow
Old 12-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your not gonna please the masses with90 days of bow season and 9 days of rifle season.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Your not gonna please the masses with90 days of bow season and 9 days of rifle season.
Maybe not, but we do have a shorter bow season than mosts states with the exception of the extra doe days in the SRA's and bowhunters do not harvest a percentage of bucks or does commensurate with their percentage of the total hunters in this state. Till that happens, a longer bow season is a justifiable and reasonable request. Bowhunters also must pay almost twice as much for the privilege of hunting with a bow because they must buy a regular license first even if they have no desire to hunt with a firearm.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

You don't need to convince me of it,its the rifle hunters you must appease.

And really how days does it take to kill one buck? Or is the longer season needed to kill more does?
Old 12-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess that depends on the hunter. Personally, I love bowhunting so much, I simply won't kill a buck till a truly mature one comes by. I have passed up young bucks all the way to the last day of late season. Does are another story. I'm blessed to be hunting areas where there are plenty of them and with two teenagers who love venison, I take several each year but I also pass on them in areas where the numbers seem to be down.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just remember we share the woods with others whom don't see the need for three months of a season that they get two Saturdays of to enjoy.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I would support raising license fees only after some "tweaking" of the deer progam. Then I would support more than $5 for general license increase and none to the added licenses. I dont think those who want to hunt with a bow and not a rifle should be penalized. We already are by paying twice. I dont mind it much, but dont agree with raising it. IF license are to be raised it should be for everyone, in the way of the general license only.

Allow sunday hunting
I agree with raising doe tags price. They are rediculously cheap currently. I agree with NO XBOWS in archery season, Agree with Sunday hunting but only if SIGNIFICANT cuts were made to antlerless allocation, Gun season as you suggest, really no opinion, I would definately keep concurrent season andkeep ar,I dont care much one way or other about early season rifle and mL. Though if asked Id probably ditch em both. Spotlightingshould behistory. It enables far too much poaching.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Just remember we share the woods with others whom don't see the need for three months of a season that they get two Saturdays of to enjoy.
I understand exactly where you're coming from Jim. Actually that very idea, if not those exact words have been posed to me before by a rifle hunter. My answer was to invite him get a bowand come and enjoy all that extra time with us! I even offered to help him get started. He declined but said he understood and agreed with my point.

Quick Reply: What do you see in the future?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.