Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Why is the PGC reintroducing Fishers?

Old 12-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why is the PGC reintroducing Fishers?

Excellent pheasant habitat is not the same as excellent deer habitat.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is truly amazing how little you and RSB know about deer and pheasant habitat. The very areas of the state that were once the prime pheasant hunting areas of the state are now the prime deer hunting areas of the state and support much higher DD's than 2G or 2F.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is truly amazing how little you and RSB know about deer and pheasant habitat. The very areas of the state that were once the prime pheasant hunting areas of the state are now the prime deer hunting areas of the state and support much higher DD's than 2G or 2F.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw a fisher archery hunting couple years ago they run funny and are comical to watch

Old 12-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

An animal doesn't have to be a game animal to be part of my deer woods. Saw a fisher from my stand this year. Very cool
Old 12-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RSB

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

In my area the pheasant and the cottontail rabbit are endangered species. I haven't seen a brood of pheasants in at least 20 years and the last I heard the PGC wasn't cooperating with those that wanted to import wild trapped birds from the mid west.

If rabbits or pheasants are in low populations in your area, or anywhere else, it is due to the loss of farmland habitat in combination with the changes in modern and cleaner farming practices. In this area both rabbit and pheasant populations have been improving over the past several years due to habitat improvement projects.

You are incorrect about the Game Commission not cooperating with the wild trap and transfer of pheasants too. The Game Commission can’t pay for it since they don’t have sufficient funds, due to the Legislature failing to adequately fund a state agency. So, the funding is coming from Pheasants Forever, but that still doesn’t mean the Game Commission isn’t cooperating and supportive of the program.

I see your poisonous lies and misinformation are still as blatant and far from the truth as ever. Some things just never change.

R.S. Bodenhorn

This is exactly my point Mr. RSB. You claim the PGC is lacking funds, so why continue funding the fisher project?

You just said that you can't pay for the trap and transfer of pheasants.

So where are you finding the funds for the fisher trap and transfer or whatever you are doing?

You'd think the PGC would abandon the fisher project and use that money for the pheasants.

This is exactly my point. I'm glad you put your foot in your mouth.

Who's the knot head now?

Old 12-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

why are pheasants more important than fishers thou
around my place there are alot of pheasant thou
Old 12-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had chickadee sit on my broadhead during archery. My sister had a nuthatch take sun flowers seeds out of her hand while on stand. My brother-in-law and a brown creeper sit on his boot while on stand. all those events were very cool and made the day more enjoyable, but we could have had all those experiences 365 days a year without a hunting license!
Old 12-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

Y
i remember when the PGC had deer dropped from helicopters to feed the fishers in fish dam area of clinton county.

i believe it was in early 90s .
it is official. you are beyond a doubt COMPLETELY INSANE.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

why are pheasants more important than fishers thou
around my place there are alot of pheasant thou

We pay for a hunting license to be able to hunt. We don't hunt fishers.

Quick Reply: Why is the PGC reintroducing Fishers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.