Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Do you agree with extent of Herd Reduction in Pa?

Old 12-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Banned

Default Do you agree with extent of Herd Reduction in Pa?

Do you support the extent of herd reduction that was implemented in Pa?
Old 12-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you agree with extent of Herd Reduction in Pa?

no i think most areas dont have enough deer i know some some areas they cut back some on doe tags
but there are far less deer it kinda trys to trick ya
Old 12-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

I think I hunt 4A (Bedford/Everett) and the area I hunt could use a few more doe taken out, but it's not the states fault so I can't weigh in. My buddies property has bear, deer, coyote, and turkey a plentiful.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

So far so good. To this point we're OK. Most or the HR was warrantedbut it would appear that some areas now need to be re-evaluated.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think we have the upper hand on the herd and could accomplish anything we want to do at this point. I don't think we should reduce the herd any further, though.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:59 PM

Hr has been way over-done. Time for legislators to step in andtake out the garbage.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

I feel the smaller SGL's in the populated areas are overhunted and overharvested. Also feel they will need seperate private and public land antlerless permits to correct this problem.

If private land has too many deer, you can apply for DMAP, if it has too few deer you can control what numbers get harvested. Our PGC has no control over their SGL, which to me is very sad. Take those four WMU's that they reduced five days of antlerless hunting, why didn't they just reduce those days on their own SGL's in those areas?

The same things goes for buck hunting. If some hunters want to hunt for tropy bucks, why don't they make certain game lands four to the side in the three point area and five to a side in the four area. Our fish commission has special arrangements for streams, why not do the same for hunting on SGL's? Here in Lehigh County we have a few different County properties Archery hunting only, why can't some of the SGL's be managed differently than others?

Old 12-26-2008, 08:27 PM

Mostwmu's including those with mostly private land have been reduced alot. Barring a couple ofoddball pockets here or there, there aint nearly the deer that there should be.

JUST CUT THE TAGS FOR CRY'IN OUT LOUD!
Old 12-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Thekeystonecaptain

Mostwmu's including those with mostly private land have been reduced alot. Barring a couple ofoddball pockets here or there, there aint nearly the deer that there should be.

JUST CUT THE TAGS FOR CRY'IN OUT LOUD!
I feel bad for public land hunters even though they were the ones that shot too many deer. Those that own private land....that's their own stupidity, they will get no pitty from me.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

Have the concerned hunters done anything as simple as posting up some poster board signs right before rifle season asking the yahoo's to not kill every doe they see? If the state won't help use peer pressure and greass roots measures.

Quick Reply: Do you agree with extent of Herd Reduction in Pa?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.