Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Do you agree with extent of Herd Reduction in Pa?

Old 01-01-2009, 08:41 PM

Default RE: Do you agree with extent of Herd Reduction in Pa?

some so called "fellow hunters" I use the term lightly for those ones who think nothing about other hunters and puts them down. those who says they don't scout but only a week before are selfish. those are the people who have family and have to work that don't got time for all this scouting as people say to do. and for you who do scouting,it is mostly a waiste of time. the deer pattern changes when hunters hit the woods in large numbers. you are not going to scout the sgl and have the deer you watched before do the same routine before deer season. no way. any hunter knows this for a fact. for the ones who say scout,do you really know about deer patterns when large number of hunters hit the woods? i think you do and don't care and use the lame excuse to protect the pgc and tag allocation by telling people to scout. we are not fellow hunters with that group of people and most likely will never be. you people are the bad sportsman who think nothing about but for yourself and not the fellow hunter. what a shame. if you work all the time and have a family you shouldn't have a say about seeing deer because you don't spend enough time scouting. disgrace,all of you for thinking with that low of a mentality when it comes to other fellow hunters who have to work for a living. you people are the ones who gives "fellow hunters" a bad name. again,i am glad i am not in that group of selfish ignorant fellow hunter. term used very lightly.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why don't you invite BB over to your "deer farm" and give him some lessons Jim? Doesn't sound like there's much risk that he'll hurt your herd!

Old 01-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Why don't you invite BB over to your "deer farm" and give him some lessons Jim? Doesn't sound like there's much risk that he'll hurt your herd!
I need some fetilizer advice, I just looked out a this years crop and what I saw did not impress me,a damn spike.

I'm not sure if the ph is down or it was just poor soil .
Old 01-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Banned

Someone asked me for info on these polls in a pm on another site, this will put them on one post and easy to find ....so here it is Jay:

This poll on this thread (results top of page)says 78% do not support herd reduction as extreme as it has been done.

The Paoutdoornews poll showed 83% agreed with pgc being sued.http://www.paoutdoornews.com/

On Pa outdoors message board poll asked if PGC were doing a good job: 79.3% said NO http://www.paoutdoors.proboards81.com/index.cgi?board=deeranddeerhunting&action=disp lay&thread=7401&page=1

OUTDOOR TIMES website asked: Do you want to see pgc commissioners terms reduced? 69.1% say yes: http://www.outdoortimes.com/pollmentor/pollmentorres.asp?id=87

Grizzly Gary Message board asked: Has Pa's herd reduction gone too far? 78% say YES! : http://www.grizzlygary.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=458
Old 01-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

cornel
i believe that sums up hr 3/4 of the ppl that voted on several diffrent polls
the funny part of hr is so many people was happy when they could buy
several tags and easyily fill them now that you have work to fill a few tags
they have changed there tune imo i think hr has went to far for to long
Old 01-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Banned

Funny thing is, sometimes you'll see a pgc representative sayin an article or on the pgc website or other medium; "we believe for the most part the majority of hunters support"... Or similar statement. In the mean time hunters everywhere are reading thinking to themselves .....Is this guy on crack? Or just the biggest liar in Pennsylvania. Because its a rediculous statement to make period.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

they probaly think if they say hunters support hr long enoughpeople will believe them
Old 01-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess the part I'm missing is if 75% of hunters think HR has gone to far and I agree with them , then who's killing all of these doe. I haven't shot one in something like twenty years,yet sure as hell its not the other 25% that are killing all ofthem .So who is it?
Sounds to me like many of our states hunters speakwith forked tongue,more often than not.[]
Old 01-14-2009, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

good point jim got to admit i killed 1 doe this year had to try out new inline
but the doe was killed on private prop that has a very good deer pop
Old 01-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quite a few guys claim that 20% of the hunters kill 80% of the deer.

Quick Reply: Do you agree with extent of Herd Reduction in Pa?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.