Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Do you agree with extent of Herd Reduction in Pa?

Old 01-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you agree with extent of Herd Reduction in Pa?

I tend to agree bb pgc is in charge make allocations
you shouldnt have to count deer and see if there is enough for you to shoot one
on my land i do if i dont think there enough i dont allow doe hunting its that simple
i have had hunters leave cause of it but its a loss for them

Old 01-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

PGC supporters only want hunters to manage the herd so they have an excuse for the excessive allocation of doe tags in most WMUs. The average hunter has no idea whether there are too many deer, too few deer or the right number in the area they hunt. If there is no snow on the ground even experienced hunters don't know how many deer there are in a given area. The bottom line is the PGC is in charge of managing the herd and they are solely responsible for the fact that the buck harvest has dropped by 46%.
So according to your thinking the average hunter is more Elmer Fudd like than we wouldlike to think. He enters the woods blindly hoping to fill the tags granted him by the P.G.C..
No scouting,no spotting or even just a nice shot gun totting winter walk in the woods.
Do they leave home on the first day with a location in mind ,or do they just look for a wide spot in the road and go from there?

God I pitty your neighbors.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

alright for argument sake how is it the hunters resonabilty not to shoot the does the pgc gives
tags out for them they have wildlife bios how come its expected the hunters to be smarter then
the pros
It is the PGC's responsibility to allocate doe tags for each WMU. Most of us agree that the WMU's are too large but thats what we have for now.
That being said, It's only a hunters responsibility to not shoot does if he can clearly see that the deer numbers are down in an area.

To put it another way, How can a guy dragging out a doe complain that the area is shot out if he's not willing to practice what he preaches. For example, I know of a fairly big patch of woods very near to my house where all the locals have more or less formed a consensus that the deer numbers are way down in that very localized area. They havegotten together andagreed to only let kids kill does and small bucks. They would be within the law to shoot every doe they have a tag for but they are showing some personal responsibility by exercising restraint where they have all agreed they should. Not any rule or law, just the right thing to do.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

I tend to agree bb pgc is in charge make allocations
you shouldnt have to count deer and see if there is enough for you to shoot one
on my land i do if i dont think there enough i dont allow doe hunting its that simple
i have had hunters leave cause of it but its a loss for them
bowtruck, you are doing exactly what I was talking about. Again, it is the PGC's responsibility to alocate tags but therewill always be spots where we as sportsmen can help the process when we see it's needed.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

bowtruck, you are doing exactly what I was talking about. Again, it is the PGC's responsibility to alocate tags but therewill always be spots where we as sportsmen can help the process when we see it's needed.
So you want the hunters to manage the herd ,as long as those hunters aren't members of the USP. Should all the hunters in 2G agree to stop buying antlerless tags because 2G has the lowest harvest rate of any WMU. Should RSB stop telling hunters that the habitat is controlling the herd in 2g ,instead of the harvests. If the habitat is controlling the herd then hunters in 2G should shoot every antlerless deer that they can, because if they don't those deer will starve and be wasted.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

So you want the hunters to manage the herd ,as long as those hunters aren't members of the USP. Should all the hunters in 2G agree to stop buying antlerless tags because 2G has the lowest harvest rate of any WMU. Should RSB stop telling hunters that the habitat is controlling the herd in 2g ,instead of the harvests. If the habitat is controlling the herd then hunters in 2G should shoot every antlerless deer that they can, because if they don't those deer will starve and be wasted.
Blah...........blah [:@]
Old 01-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

jim i think most have a idea from scouting the day or week before for a hour or two not that
thats anywhere near enough but i think its the sad truth

thankfully i dont have any neighbors
Old 01-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Blah...........blah [:@]
And corporate is still spelled as corporate , not corprate, BLAH, BLAH , Blah .Blah. Blah and one for good measure BLAH!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

bb they wouldnt go to waste all the mountain lions yote bears fishers i know i am missing some
but they could eat um up so no waste

oh yea blah blah i needed one of them
Old 01-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Psst, Jim.

I cant reveal my source but I've just been emailed a photo of deaddeer.

It pretty much explainseverything

Quick Reply: Do you agree with extent of Herd Reduction in Pa?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.