Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pennsylvanians, what lawsuit?

Old 12-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pennsylvanians, what lawsuit?

If the USP didn't file the lawsuit would PA tax payers pay less tax?
Old 12-26-2008, 04:39 PM
Banned

"Ashame they aint putting that money towards other programs. Like getting kids involved or stuff like that."

It requires adults going to take more kids. Kids dont go alone. We are losing hunters at over double the national average thanks to the gameless commissions deer program. Gotta set a foundation before you build a house Im afraid.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

"Ashame they aint putting that money towards other programs. Like getting kids involved or stuff like that."

It requires adults going to take more kids. Kids dont go alone. We are losing hunters at over double the national average thanks to the gameless commissions deer program. Gotta set a foundation before you build a house Im afraid.
Im involved in numerous clubs that offer to take the kids hunting. I guess you could call us big brothers. So what are you saying the adults in your club are to busy to take a kid hunting?????
Old 12-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Banned

"they claim to speak for all sportsmen in PA but they only have something like 2000 individual paid members."

Which means exactly what? Are you saying they are against pgc policy but that most of the rest of the states hunters ARENT? MUAH HA HA HA!

Even YOU dont believe that! (LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO)

Id say if they meant it in certain context, it definately fits. I happen to know that alot of mistruths are stated about the group in question by those that absolutely HATE them by antideer factions on boards like hpa etc.. Included are Pgc officials, and friends and family, along with nonhunting enviromental groups that are against hunters thoughts on deer mangement anyway.

Again, I couldnt care less about the group, but really dont care to see MY beliefs and position attacked or , becauseone or two issues are also the position of a group that pgc radical supporters sees as "the enemy". Just because USP may or may not support something in particular doesnt make it right or make it wrong. On the issue of pgc mismanagement, that belief is ALSO shared by myself and HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDSof others across the state.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Who knows.... But there could be a better case going on in the courts.Something that might actually accomplish something. Here is an example of how stupid the case is. To me its equivalent to some one trying to sue the P&Y club for discrimination because their buck only scored 124 inches and not 125.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Banned

The point was Moose, that if our sport is suffering it isnt because of money spent on kids programs. They have more opportunities today season-wise than any time in history. Our hunter numbers are declining thanks to the extreme deer program and if adults are quitting, that is more adults that WONT be taking kids...

"Im involved in numerous clubs that offer to take the kids hunting. I guess you could call us big brothers. So what are you saying the adults in your club are to busy to take a kid hunting?????"

Im not a memberof any club. Ive also hunted with 2youth hunters (on different days)this season due to their dad only being able to take one and he has 3kids.

Not that it matters, Im not interested in discussing personal details, mine or yours. I have VERY little interest in a rediculous message board"who has done more for hunting, me or you." competition.

Old 12-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Banned

"To me its equivalent to some one trying to sue the P&Y club for discrimination because their buck only scored 124 inches and not 125"

Doesnt make much sense. Comparing management of our wildlife, pgc going broke which lessens the ability to manage ALL of our wildlife, hunters declining at double national average, excessive deer reduction, degradation to the sport of hunting in our state--to 1" of antler growth and something less than petty. I think I understand where you are coming fromnow.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bullmoose38

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Who knows.... But there could be a better case going on in the courts. Something that might actually accomplish something. Here is an example of how stupid the case is. To me its equivalent to some one trying to sue the P&Y club for discrimination because their buck only scored 124 inches and not 125.
That is a very poor example ,especially since the court has rule that the USP has grounds to proceed. Are you claiming you know more than the judge appointed to hear the case?
Old 12-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

they claim to speak for all sportsmen in PA but they only have something like 2000 individual paid members. Thats about 2 hundredths of a percent of PA hunting license buyers. Not exactly a majority of hunters. I've seen it written that they have claimed up to 30,000 members depending on which way the wind blows. It's said that they claim the memberships of any club that affiliates with them.
i believe their membership is a lot higher than that.i asked 1 time and was told off, so i will not ask again.

what is membership in other groups in pa.

most of hunters i know dont belong to other than local club and thats because they get 2 bags of corn each year..

if USP would give out a bag of corn, their membership would skyrocket.

hunters want a return on their money all time.

same with NRA,you get magazine.

same with bass fed,you get copy of bass magazine each month.

its hard to get members if they are not getting anything in return for money.

USP does not really give you anything for your dues.

our local club lost 2,000 members in last 7 years.

now, they raised dues to 15 dollars.

if not for HIKERS, BIRDWATCHERS,CANOE ONES,our club would go under.

most of hunters quit because they did not get a bag of corn 1 year.

the president is a DCNR BOY, he dont like putting corn out.[:@]

but he lost almost all hunters and picked up the OTHERS.

so,its hard to get many to belong to anything unless they get something in return.

Old 12-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

The point was Moose, that if our sport is suffering it isnt because of money spent on kids programs. They have more opportunities today season-wise than any time in history. Our hunter numbers are declining thanks to the extreme deer program and if adults are quitting, that is more adults that WONT be taking kids...

"Im involved in numerous clubs that offer to take the kids hunting. I guess you could call us big brothers. So what are you saying the adults in your club are to busy to take a kid hunting?????"

Im not a memberof any club. Ive also hunted with 2youth hunters (on different days)this season due to their dad only being able to take one and he has 3kids.

Not that it matters, Im not interested in discussing personal details, mine or yours. I have VERY little interest in a rediculous message board"who has done more for hunting, me or you." competition.

My point is the USP could be putting their money to better use then the lawsuit. Face it they arent gonna accomplish squat with the lawsuit except flushing numerous dollars down the toilet.

And thanks for taking the kids hunting. I thank you for that.

Quick Reply: Pennsylvanians, what lawsuit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.