Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pennsylvanians, what lawsuit?

Old 12-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pennsylvanians, what lawsuit?

Unfortunately, the only thing the lawsuit seems likely to bring about is to further political control of the PGC.
The PGC has never been perfect, far from it. But a PGC that has the likes of Staback and Rendell looking over their shoulder is a far scarier idea.
Even worse is that the PGC's money troubles that have no doubt been amplified by the USP's disruptions could lead to a merger that puts them in with the PFBC and the DCNR.

The USP lawsuit could very well lead to a deer management program thats even farther from their goals and a PGC thats far less responsive to hunters than the one we have now.If the money woes cause the PGC to take money from anyone other than hunters, hunters will have even less to say about anything the PGC does
Old 12-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

How is a lawsuit going to achieve that goal?

Any where I can read the law suit?

Like I said you would think that the USP would have it on their site.

Here is a link to a summary of what was in the original suit.

http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/200...nia-dismissed/

I am not sure what they changed to convince the court that they had a legitimate suit, but as I recall the changes requested remained about the same.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Banned

"Unfortunately, the only thing the lawsuit seems likely to bring about is to further political control of the PGC."

And you think the pgc isnt politicallycontrol NOW? You got to be kidding! The friggin Governor has total control, his advisory committee helps inselecting them also, as does the Senate...And last but not least DCNR must rubber stamp the OK for the individuals seeking the decision making commissioner seats.. Also the governor has the abilityto fire employees of pgc as well as remove commissioners ifat least the majority of theboarddoesnt meet anti-deer conditions. And you want to try to tell me nothing is politically driven and NONE of these politicians pulling the strings have ANY alterior motives? (yeah right! LOL)

"The PGC has never been perfect, far from it."

A tortoise could be confused with havingsizzlingspeedbefore pgc could be confused with perfect!

"But a PGC that has the likes of Staback and Rendell looking over their shoulder is a far scarier idea. "

Rendell is very well possibly part of the problem along with dcnr and treehugging crusaders. Staback is on the far opposite side. The side of hunters.

"Even worse is that the PGC's money troubles that have no doubt been amplified by the USP's disruptions could lead to a merger that puts them in with the PFBC and the DCNR. "

I agree. And its money troubles that have a very simple solution. They are making THEMSELVES broke. That is costing us in the management of ALL of our wildlife.

"The USP lawsuit could very well lead to a deer management program thats even farther from their goals and a PGC thats far less responsive to hunters than the one we have now."

Absolutely not possible. They are 100% unresponsive NOW. There is absolutely no more room for downside imho. And as for commission/hunter relation, no opinion, they ARE at ROCK BOTTOM.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

The PGC had several other state game agencies review their methods..
Please list the states that reviewed the PGC methods. The only thing that was reviewed was their method for calculating estimated harvests. You simply don't know what you are talking about.
If our herd was above the MSY carrying capacity of the habitat in 2000, can anyone explain why the breeding rates were at their peak from 2000 2003 at 93%, but dropped to 88% in 2007,after the herd had been reduced by at least 35-40%?
Old 12-26-2008, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

The USP lawsuit has been submitted to the "Stella Awards" A website that specializes in exposing frivolous lawsuits to the court of public opinion. \

The Stella Awards for frivilous lawsuits were inspired by the lady, first name Stella, who won a 2.9 million judgement from Mcdonaldswhen shespilled hot coffe on her lap in her car after getting hot coffee at MickeyD's at the drive through.

The suit was submitted for consideration and hasn't made the site (yet) but it might be interesting to watch in the coming months....

http://www.stellaawards.com
Old 12-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

OK, So what is the lawsuit supposed achieve?
Thats a good question........ I think its stupid!!!!!!!!!!! Think about it... The USP members are paying for both of the parties in court. They probably dont realize it though. Ashame they aint putting that money towards other programs. Like getting kids involved or stuff like that. In my opinion that group is a waste. And I am sure I am not the only one that thinks it. If you go to the Eastern Outdoor show checkout their booth. I get a kick out of it every year.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

The USP members are paying for both of the parties in court. They probably dont realize it though.
That is not true. All state agencies are represented by the State Attorney Generals office which is funded by the general fund ,rather than the PGC.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

they claim to speak for all sportsmen in PA but they only have something like 2000 individual paid members. Thats about 2 hundredths of a percent of PA hunting license buyers. Not exactly a majority of hunters. I've seen it written that they have claimed up to 30,000 members depending on which way the wind blows. It's said that they claim the memberships of any club that affiliates with them.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Stella Awards for frivilous lawsuits were inspired by the lady, first name Stella, who won a 2.9 million judgement from Mcdonalds when she spilled hot coffe on her lap in her car after getting hot coffee at MickeyD's at the drive through.
And the Stellar Awards probably knows more about deer management that BTB, which isn't saying much.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

The USP members are paying for both of the parties in court. They probably dont realize it though.
That is not true. All state agencies are represented by the State Attorney Generals office which is funded by the general fund ,rather than the PGC.
Tell me if I am wrong but doesnt PA citizens pay taxes that goes towards the State Attorneys salary?[&:]

Quick Reply: Pennsylvanians, what lawsuit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.