Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pennsylvanians, what lawsuit?

Old 12-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pennsylvanians, what lawsuit?

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

you have 75% of hunters not getting deer and 25% getting 6 deer.
the other 75% know how to hunt?
Well, a regular poster on here claims he saw only three deer in 10 days of hunting. He also claims to represent the majority of hunters in the state.

Personally, I don't beleive that 75% of our hunters don't know how to hunt. I do beleive that 75% of the complainers either don't know how to hunt or simply refuse to adapt

Why else would the worst WMU be the first to sell out of antlerless tags???
Old 12-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Banned

"Regardless, it sounds like you hunters really need to work TOGETHER with your wildlife officials. I'm on a lot of boards and have never seen another state act this disgruntled towards multiple issues. "

Impossible. Pgc is completely unflexible and unwilling to do anything other than EXACTLY as their eco-buddies have dictated. No change PERIOD.[8D]

BTB says:
"I couldn't agree more. The USP formed as a splinter groupof the Allegheny County membership of the PFSC a good while back. This was from a small group who simply didn't play well with othersandinstead of working with all the other sportsmens groups and the PGC, they chose the route of disruption and lawsuits."

If so, they are complete idiots. PFSC is as big a problem as their is in this "game". Pgc "yes men" and nothing else. Half the membership is pgc employees affiliates and "NONHUNTING CONSERVATIONISTS" many of which are VERY extreme in their beliefs of having a "presettlement" condition in our forests. Very obtuse, very counter to "hunting", yet the heads of the organization value their membership. By the way the name is PENNSYLVANIA FEDERATAION OF SPORTSMEN CLUBS AND CONSERVATIONISTS.

"No other group haschosen this route even though many have had issues with one another and with the PGC over the years"

The majority of sportsmen in pa belong to none of the "small" groups that arent representative of much of anything. The majority of sportsmen have been completely sick of pgcs mismanagement and thats a fact. Iknow NOONE who support the extent of hr, and The legislators are well aware of that fact. That is why pgchas to this point not gottena license fee increase although they beg for it continually like a dog begging fora bone and also the legislators demanded that an audit be explored.

How many other states have At LEAST90% dissatisfaction rating with wildlife management, are being sued, have had government step in and not allow further funding and demanded an audit of the entire deer program ... etc. All at the same point in time!!!

NONE. Reason? PGC= Corrupt out of touch agency.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Banned

"Why else would the worst WMU be the first to sell out of antlerless tags??"

Probably the same reason I bought 3 here in my wmu. To keep them from the greedy idiots.

Lotsa people have camps there.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

How many other states have At LEAST90% dissatisfaction rating with wildlife management, are being sued, have had government step in and not allow further funding... etc.
Please document your 90% number or did you simply pull it out of your arse?
Old 12-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

Probably the same reason I bought 3 here. To keep them from the greedy idiots.
Now there's a fairy tale! No one could legally buy 3 tags for that WMU
Old 12-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Banned

89%? 90? Whocares. From all Ive seen, itvery well may be higher.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Banned

BTB goes off half-cocked as usual and says: "Now there's a fairy tale! No one could legally buy 3 tags for that WMU "

Maybe thats why I said "Probably the same reason I bought 3 here in my wmu." Braintrust. [8D]
Old 12-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's a bit of BS vs the science

Corny said:

Brent, the reductions over most of the state have been drastic and unsupported by science. The "science" that was supposed to monitor our progress was largely the reproductive data. Our breeding rates, timing, embryo counts per doe and number of adult does bred were all to be "barometers" to judge our progress..

Since this "Plan" Our number of adult does bred declined from 92% steadily all the way to 85%! OUr numbers of embryos per adult doe declined steadly significantly,l and breeding timing according to Pgc HAS NOT changed one bit.

The PGC report that Corny used partial data from said:

WMU deer health assessments were gased on reproduction from 3 consecutive years, 2004 to 2006. We pooled these 3 years because annual sample sizes for each age class are too small to make reliable inferences.
But of course, Corny chooses to use only the "facts" that fit his warped ideas of how things are

Then he said:

So that shows there was nothing wrong with our statistics in the first place, since it correlated with that of many other states... And had no improvement as predicted even though reductions were SEVERE.
The PGC had several other state game agencies review their methods....

As a part of ongoing evaluations of our methods of monitiring deer population trends, we conducted an external review of our modified SAK methodolgy. In 2006, we asked deer biologists and biometricians from various states in the Northeast, Southeast and Midwest to review our modified SAK procedure. Results of the peer review generally found our methods to be reasonable and logical.
One of the lynchpins of the USP's frivilous suit is that the PGC has no reliable way to count our deer. It seems that several other states think Pa is doing OK

here's the whole report for anyone who would like all the facts, not just the ones that Corny and BB would like you to see

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/pgc/reports/2007_wildlife/21001-06Z.pdf
Old 12-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

BTB goes off half-cocked as usual and says: "Now there's a fairy tale! No one could legally buy 3 tags for that WMU "

Maybe thats why I said "Probably the same reason I bought 3 here in my wmu." Braintrust. [8D]
Not what you said. Heres what you said:

quote:

Probably the same reason I bought 3 here. To keep them from the greedy idiots.
Had you used the words MY WMU the first time my response would have been different. Kinda stupid to expose yourself as a liar and distorter when the quotes are right there a few posts above.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

89%? 90? Whocares. From all Ive seen, itvery well may be higher.
Did you wash that number after you pulled it outa your arse?

Quick Reply: Pennsylvanians, what lawsuit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.