not 1 deer biologists was hired.:( i have yet to hear..." />

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PGC COULD MAKE MILLIONS

Old 12-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Banned

Default RE: PGC COULD MAKE MILLIONS

"Maybe you simply don't understand how EHD works. EHD outbreaks generally occur in warmer climates. PA has had only two significant outbreaks in recent history. EHD outbreaks are generally worse where deer densities are high."

Gee, thanks, but that has in no way any effect toANYTHING Ive said.

We didnt have ehd when the herd was far higher, we got it after pgc UNDEBATABLYsaid we were at desired herd level, which, btw, is FAR higher thanbigwoods levels.

"So Corny, try and follow this.... EHD requires hotter temps than we normally have in PA and high deer densities make outbreaks worse in spotty areas. EHD doesnt come to an area because of high deer densities. When it does come, an unusual event in PA, areas with too many deer are especially vulnerable. Had the outbreak in the SW occurred a few years ago, it simply could have been far worse. "

He he he. Please explain, in all sincerity, how you think any of that counters one word Ive said or what I have known...FOR YEARS! (LOL)

Thanks for the edumacation.[:'(] Ehd can hit in areas of high dd, low, or optimum. Of course the more deer, the more dead. There isnt much we can do about it, its natures way, like it or not,and we dont know when it may hit again,and its not an excuse to hold deer at low levels if herd health is fine, habitat is fine, and human conflict low.. Thats the facts JACK!

Old 12-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PGC COULD MAKE MILLIONS

So Corny, try and follow this.... EHD requires hotter temps than we normally have in PA and high deer densities make outbreaks worse in spotty areas. EHD doesnt come to an area because of high deer densities. When it does come, an unusual event in PA, areas with too many deer are especially vulnerable. Had the outbreak in the SW occurred a few years ago, it simply could have been far worse.

Since EHD is not spread from deer to deer the higher densities do not make the effect of an outbreak more severe. Obviously more deer would die in areas with higher DD ,but there is no evidence that a higher percentage would die!