Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

FLINTLOCK SEASON IN PA.WMU2G

Old 01-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FLINTLOCK SEASON IN PA.WMU2G

You have no idea what you're talking about.I do all of my rifle hunting on dmap properties that are open to anyone.I hunted three days of rifle season this year in 2G.I saw at least one legal buck each day and killed two dmap doe.Never did I hunt behind a poster.Sorry but your stories are out in left field.As far as Treasure lake goes,it's bowhunting only.I'm the one who started the hunt and I'm one of two other guys that fought hard to open it up to the public.We could have easily arranged it so only residents could hunt.If I was greedy,that's what I would have doneThis year.200 hunters got to hunt 2200 acres of land,most of which were not residents of Treasure lake.I killed four doein Treasurelake this yearand guided other hunters to at least 20 more.All of my rifle season was spent on dmap'd land open to anyone in 2G.Every year it takes me less time to fill my tags on public land in 2G than it does to fill the same number of tags in Treasure lake.Don't try to distort the facts.

If you want to believe you saw a cougar,knock yourself out.How many pictures did you post last year,claiming those bobcats weremountain lions?You obviously have no idea what a real live mountain lion looks like.

You do have a reason to not tell it like it is.You want more deer at any cost.

I'm not mad at your comments about poachers using a contender.I have no doubt that some use them.However,being able to legally carry a conceiled weapon while spot lighting isn't going to cut down on the number of poachers using contenders.Again,why use a contender over a rifle?

My yard is not protected in any way and I never said people were trying to kill deer in it.Poachers have always been around and always will be,regardless of the number of deer out there.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

you dont want any deer at any cost
Old 01-09-2009, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Once again,you have no idea what you're talking.Why wouldn't I want deer?I just don't whine and complain about a percieved lack of deer when I can find plenty on public land.I understand the relationship deer play with the habitat and understand how important good habitat is to deer.What 2G need was alot less deer.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Banned

"you dont want any deer at any cost"

Honestly, thats been my impression on a few different boards that he posts on for some time now. Not sure of his agenda, but he has one. Pgc employee?? Close ties to pgc? DCNR? Audubon society? Who knows. I wouldnt count on an explanation detailing the agenda though. When someone goes out of their way to answer questions with answers that have absolutely nothing to do with the question in a manner of clear purposeful deciet, and does so on a regular basis and alsoignores any "concerns" but spouts the pgc "company line" word for word...

You know there is more to it than meets the eye and a "confession" aint necessary.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

My agenda is simple.I'm a hunter and I can see the devistation that too many deer have caused to the habitat.I understand the importance of good habitat,I see things improving where deer numbers have been brought down and I have no problems finding and killing deer where so many complain that there isn't any.

I'm not a PGC employee or a DCNRemployee.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Banned

No doug...Seriously....

Audubon member? Other self proclaimed conservationist group? Uncle Jim a pgc biologist? 2nd cousin Carl Roe?

C'mon man. Time to come clean. You can tell us. We'll still talk to you.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Spike

douge is a serious hunter. Got 1 buck and 6 doe this past season. Must eat venison 365 a yr.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:54 AM
RSB
Fork Horn

I don’t think you will DougE affiliated with any adverse hunting groups.

I live close enough to actually know him and his reputation. He was once one of the people that didn’t support harvesting as many antler less deer and was very vocally apposed to the Game Commission’s deer management program.

But, there was also something that set him apart for many of the people posting here that want to be critical of him now. He is an avid hunting that has simply taken the time to learn as much about the deer/habitat relationship as possible. He continues to explore all of the evidence so he continues to learn more all the time. That knowledge of the deer/habitat relationship has probably also resulted in him being a more successful hunter.

It has been my experience that everyone who actually has enough intelligence to objectively seek out the real facts of the deer/habitat relation eventually realize the Game Commission management plan is the best possible direction for the future of not only the habitat but also the deer and the hunter.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 01-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Spike

So R.S.B. what your telling me is douge went on a lot of your habitat tours where the habitat is bad. Well it aint bad down in the SW and it,s been in magazines and whatever else the habitat is great down in 2-A. even a wanna-be B.O.C. said this too hunters down there I beleive in the 07 season. You know what you folk,s did it,s called the blanket approach and you used it across the state instead of doing studies like in 2-G that started this yr and will continue for 3 more yrs. Do you call having 4 points to a side in a WMU 2-B a deer management plan even though NOW the GC. KNOWS that the superior buck DOES NOT do all the breeding like once thought and your lil dinks are getting some is this what you call the plan. Lord help us all.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:53 PM
RSB
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TWOWITHONE

So R.S.B. what your telling me is douge went on a lot of your habitat tours where the habitat is bad. Well it aint bad down in the SW and it,s been in magazines and whatever else the habitat is great down in 2-A. even a wanna-be B.O.C. said this too hunters down there I beleive in the 07 season. You know what you folk,s did it,s called the blanket approach and you used it across the state instead of doing studies like in 2-G that started this yr and will continue for 3 more yrs. Do you call having 4 points to a side in a WMU 2-B a deer management plan even though NOW the GC. KNOWS that the superior buck DOES NOT do all the breeding like once thought and your lil dinks are getting some is this what you call the plan. Lord help us all.

First of all I am sure if you really knew the facts you would also know that DougE has done a lot more to become educated on the deer/habitat relationships then attend a couple of tours.

Next it is obvious that you, like many others, aren’t wise enough to understand how important it is to keep harvesting a lot of deer in those southern management units, unless you want damaged habitat that supports a lot fewer deer then you have now in your future. That is correct, even the habitat in those southern areas could be over browsed in the future to the point it will not support nearly as many deer. The only reason you have so many deer today is because the Game Commission was smart enough, partly based on the mistakes previously made in the northern tier, to keep harvesting more and more does in those southern areas as the deer population increased.

So, basically the habitat in many of those southern tier areas is pretty good today, but only because of the wise management of the professionals you and others work so hard to discredit. The reason it is pretty good is because the professionals were smart enough not to listen to the hunters and instead did the right thing of protected the habitat instead of over protecting the deer as many under educated hunters keep demanding.

If you don’t think that is true I can most certainly support it with the history of the harvest data for those southern units.

Next your comments concerning the four point restriction areas prove that you don’t know why we even have antler restrictions let alone why various areas have different restrictions.

Antler restrictions are simply to protect about half of the 1 ½ year olds so those bucks are available the next year to help with getting the does bred during the correct time. The separate point restrictions, for the two different areas simply reflect the amount of restriction needed to protect 50% of the 1 ½ year old bucks. The professionals, nor the does, care if it is a 1 ½ year, a 2 ½ year old one of the few older bucks doing that breeding, as long as it is getting done during the does first estrus cycle. That was NOT occurring in any of the units prior to antler restrictions so some method of keeping more bucks in the population was necessary. Antler restrictions was the method of reaching that management objective and it was for the benefit of the resource, not the hunter, though many hunters are finding that they like the fact there are some older bucks out there for them to hunt.

R.S.Bodenhorn

Quick Reply: FLINTLOCK SEASON IN PA.WMU2G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.