Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA GAME COMMISSION TRYING TO AVOID AUDIT?

Old 12-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Banned

Default RE: PA GAME COMMISSION TRYING TO AVOID AUDIT?

BTB WHY ON EARTH!! (LOL) would Usp give up their lawsuit?? Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard! Theyve spent alot of money and time on it, and its THEIR baby. It also covers things the audit may not. The pgc has problems with "dwelling on" certain issues as far as the audit goes. They have every right, according to the law to persue the lawsuit and who is PGC to demand otherwise??? The information that would be sought in an audit should be a matter of public record, not as if they are asking for cold-war era spy secrets.

There is no reason for pgc not to cooperate. As you said they previously were fine with it. I guess now that they see the lawsuit has begun and not been dropped, now all of a sudden they have problems with it.

There is NO REASON to drop the lawsuit and for pgc to insist on it is blackmail plain and simple. They are afraid what may turn up in one or both. THere is little doubt pgcs posturing andcomplaining has alsorunthecompany that was to do itoff too. Boy I bet Pgc is really upset.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Banned

"Of course, the USP may not want to see an independent audit result come out."

Usp also stated they wanted the audit previously. That doesnt mean they were supposed to give up on the lawsuit they have so much invested it. I dont remember anyone saying that was ever part of the deal previously. Usp isnt the ones trying to change the rules in the middle of the game.

Pgc andnow also supposedly the company are the ones refusing to cooperate.

Worth mentioning, Im no uspmember or fan. I just like and respect the ecoweineys at pgc much lesscurrently.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:55 PM

Tree hug commission just do the auditing like you said you wouldand the lawsuit and take your lumps and quit displaying such cowardess. If you have nothing to hide you wont be hurt by any of it. This just may solve something or maybe not. Doing nothing definatelywont solve a thing and acting like you have things to hide you dont want dug up makes you look completely guilty.

No truth. No $$$.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lets see.... every respected wildlife professional has done nothing but support the deer program.

most sportsmen are happy with the results of AR while some are understandably questioning HR

One lunatic fringe splinter group is suing them in between chasing ghost cougars.

Seems to me the PGC has nothing much to worry about from an audit unless someone's taking home the paper clips!
Old 12-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Banned

"Lets see.... every respected wildlife professional has done nothing but support the deer program."

Really? Unbiased people other than those who have actually put the plan into place? Nope sorry. Notone person on this planethas analyzed pgcs doe tag allocation and herd goals and deemed themexactly what we must have. Hasnt been done and noone would do such an extensive undertaking without being well paid to do so.THAT wasone reason the audit was ordered. An independent agency that has done whatever they like, catered to whomever they wish andanswer tonoone. Don't even try to equate reviews of stupid little details like harvesting report system etc. to thorough reviews of this deer sham plan!

"most sportsmen are happy with the results of AR while some are understandably questioning HR "

I agree. Nearly noone like hr, the extremes it has gone to for no good reasons in many areas. Especially since its based on nearly absolutely nothing.

"One lunatic fringe splinter group is suing them in between chasing ghost cougars."

Fine by me, but doesnt change the importantfacts of the matter. USP can go straight to h*** for all I care. But don'ttry to use them as an excuse to disregard real concerns and real issues involving our deer sham program.

"Seems to me the PGC has nothing much to worry about from an audit unless someone's taking home the paper clips"

Then they should grow a set, quit balling like babes, and act like a responsible wildlife management agency just like most of the others in this nation. That means responsible management practices and no "hiding" pertinent data etc. There is absolutely no reason to withhold information concerning our wildlife and wildlife management. NONE. THere is no excuse for it and its totally unacceptable. One way or another, I believe they are about to find that out even if nothing else is solved.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Banned

I agree keystone. There can be no license fee increase without accountability and changes made with Pgc. In their horrible nonhunter friendly attitudes as well as their rediculous unsupported extreme management practices.

Looks like Mr. Stabeck agrees. Of course, I understand that he is an avid HUNTER and not a Tree-hugger much to the game commissions dismay.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Staback is a clown.I attended a legislative hearing on the deer management issues a couple years ago.It was hosted by Dan Surra and Mike Hanna.Staback was the chairman of the house game and fisheries committe.The meeting was stacked with speakers that opposed the PGC and the deer management plan.No one in favor was allowed to speak.I know that because people I'm aquainted with were denied the opportunityahead of time.Anyway,someone asked whythe PGC was trapping deer in the Sproul state forest.Staback stood up allbent out of shape and wanted to know why the deer were being trapped and transferred out of the area.He wasn't even awareof the highly publicized doe mortality study that was under way,which was the reason for the deer being trapped.How could the Chairman of that committe be that out of touch?

These legislatures are totaly out of touch with reality and they don't knwo the first thing about wildlife management.I watched a hearing last year on PCN where the one legislator or senator was complaining about his property value decreasing in washington county because of antler restrictions.These people should have no say in wildlife management,which is exactly how the system was originally set up.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

These legislatures are totaly out of touch with reality and they don't knwo the first thing about wildlife management.
The same could be said about the PGC deer management team!! How much do they really know when they claim that an antlerless harvest that is almost double the buck harvest, is keeping the herd stable?
Old 12-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Have to agree with you Doug. Staback is a complete and total Putz.My interaction with him, actually his office, showed him and his staff to be almost totally clueless.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Have to agree with you Doug. Staback is a complete and total Putz.My interaction with him, actually his office, showed him and his staff to be almost totally clueless.
Seems like anybody tat disagrees with BTB is a total putz. Maybe it is BTB who is clueless instead of Staback and his staff. At least Staback is giving hunters a voice ,which is more than can be said for the PGC.

Quick Reply: PA GAME COMMISSION TRYING TO AVOID AUDIT?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.