Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Flintlock / Late archery

Old 01-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA Flintlock / Late archery

bob, i tried everything to get it shine, we have full sun today.

it does not.

i think maybe they changed the realtree pattern over years,that could be why it does not shine.
it says on box,NEW SHADOWGAURD LINING ELIMANTES SHADOWS AND SILHOUETTES.

maybe that is change you are hoping for.

up close you will see shiny finish ,like 2 ft away but beyond that,NOTHING.

ITS OUT IN A 10 MPH WIND RIGHT NOW AND NOT 1 STAKE CAME UP.

so ,far this is best thing i have seen for me in any weather but with COLD WE HAD, THIS THING IS GREAT.

i wonder how much it keeps your scent in to,i bet a lot.

film shows deer walking 20 yds from it .

secret is to sit all day now and i believe this may be my answer in winter.

also for coyote hunting, i think it will keep my scent down enough to get a shot at coyote close,dont know you may know better than me on that how much scent leaves the blind.

only thing i read is the steel bands get weak over time and get out of shape.

i dont know how it will do in hard snow with those little stakes, i think i may make some that are longer to go down thru 6 inchs of hard snow.

i think ones in pack are 6 inchs,12 inchs would be better.

i wish i knew how to put a picture on here,i would take picture of me sitting in it in yard.i could sleep in there
Old 01-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Glad to hear they improved the thing. Now that I think about it, mine may be 7-8 years old. (where does the time go?)

They do help contain scent. Just by the simple physics of the things, your scent pools in the blind. That doesn't mean you don't need to take scent precautions, just means it helps in certain conditions

They are positively wonderful in the wind! I sat in mine one day in the second Illinois gun season when the wind was gusting to 30 and the temps were in the teens and was quite comfortable for several hours. Otherwise, I would have never stayed that long that day
Old 01-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Glad to hear they improved the thing. Now that I think about it, mine may be 7-8 years old. (where does the time go?)

They do help contain scent. Just by the simple physics of the things, your scent pools in the blind. That doesn't mean you don't need to take scent precautions, just means it helps in certain conditions

They are positively wonderful in the wind! I sat in mine one day in the second Illinois gun season when the wind was gusting to 30 and the temps were in the teens and was quite comfortable for several hours. Otherwise, I would have never stayed that long that day
do you use heater.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

No, but the guys that I know that do use them use thesmall propane jobs with the oxygen depletionsafety switchand they keep some windows open.

I'm good just being out of the wind
Old 01-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I used one with a heater, I would be sleeping in minutes.
Like Bob said, just bing out of the wind makes all the difference I would think..
I might get one for the late season.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

We went out again today. This time my buddy's fiance came along and helped drive for us. The first drive produced 2 does but noshot opportunities. On the second drive we hit the jackpot. 14 does and two young bucks camepastmy huntingpartner. He took a huge doeout of the bunch.

Once we got her taken care of, it was my turn. My buddy and his girl did the drive that he did alone yesterday. They sent a7 point right under my tree. He managed to go 30 yards with a muzzy hole in his heart.

Not a bad second day for 09.

Greg, is there an escape route you could cover and have a buddy take a walk, unarmed, behind this housing project? That strategy has worked well in those type of situations for us in the past.
Been away some, CONGRATS on your Buck BTB!! It's a great thing when a plan comes together

Hatchet Jack
Old 01-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: livbucks

If I used one with a heater, I would be sleeping in minutes.
Like Bob said, just bing out of the wind makes all the difference I would think..
I might get one for the late season.
i got the OUTHOUSE one for 49 dollars.

kids want to sleep in it in summer.

in gun season, i am setting it up for long shooting if weather gets cold.

i am going to try the alcohal and toilet paper thing this week to see how it works.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Hatchet Jack! Waiting for a call from my buddy and we're gonna do those two drives again today. Still got a 2B doe tag and a little bit of freezer space

Old 01-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Went out today and did our drives, my buddy sent a doe by at 25 yards....

I MISSED!!![:'(]

No excuses, I don't know what happened except that the arrow went right over her back!

Oh well, I thank the good lord for a clean miss rather than a bad hit!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Finished out my season still hunting thru the snow. Saw 11 deer, no bucks. 2 red tails and a great horned owl. Lots of people, fox & deer tracks. I love the snow covered woods

Quick Reply: PA Flintlock / Late archery

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.