Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Flintlock / Late archery

Old 01-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA Flintlock / Late archery

ORIGINAL: DougE

Yep,It's the only tag I had left and I saved it just for the occassion.

I know where you're going with this but the Funny thing isRich,Two years ago,it took me 3 days to killthree deer on public land.Last year it took me three daysto killtwo deer on public land and this year it took methree days to kill two deer on public land and I could have killed a buck each day I hunted.Now Treasure lake.Two years ago,i killed a uck and two does in TL but it took me til the last day of the season to fill those tags.Last year,it took me once again to the last day.This year,I killed two more deer because I had two more tags but I had more deerless days than days with deer sighting.My success rate is as good,if not better on public land in 2G as it is anywhere else.
i lived in TREASURE LAKE BACK IN 1987 AREA.

those deer are very tame in there, like pets.

i have to laugh at your hunting at times.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

so if theres deer there its a deer farm?
in the spring threw fall i have lots of woodchucks so it must be
a woodchuck farm right bb
maybe i can charge ppl to hunt my chuck farm
Old 01-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Deer farms always have lots of deer left over after the hunting season.
And the down side to that is??????????????

Oh Yea I forget , I can't sit and bitch and whine for he next ten month how Gary Aly ruined my life.[:@]
Old 01-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Is baiting legal in your area?
in your back yard on privateland you can feed deer as long as you are not hunting over bait.

as far as i know its legal, if not, i learned something and stand corrected.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

so if theres deer there its a deer farm?
No, there are still deer everywhere. But if there are 4 or 5 times as many deer as the PGC's goal after 7 years of HR, it might just be a deer farm.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

i see
Old 01-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Should I just goggle it or could you give me some details on these "deer farms" you speak of. Are sizesor locations important?
Old 01-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out around Noon by myself and crept around. All the does and fawns have moved over to the South facing hill behind the housing development where I can't fire my flintlock. I jumped a lone deer from the top of the hill I was hunting and I believe it was a 3.5 YO 8 point that a member of our group missed in archery. I just caught a glimpse of him as he jumped some blowdowns and he was gone. He ran down to the valley and headed for the houses of course. I heard the dogs let loose so he must of ran right up to the back yards. Tell me a buck doesn't get smarter the longer he lives! Somehow he knows I can't shoot him there. The deer seem to be grouped now so when you see them, you'd think we had 60 dpsm or something, yet another 2 hills can be devoid of deer. I suppose that's why the 150 acres I was on had only a single deer yet the next hill had what appeared to be a herd of cattle milling about.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Should I just goggle it or could you give me some details on these "deer farms" you speak of. Are sizesor locations important?
Size and location are very important. BB won't be happy unlesshis deer farm's location is Pennsylvania and the size encompasses the whole state. Oh and he doesn't want to do anything to manage these deer, provide forage, cover or aqll that stuff. he just wants to show up at his favorite stump on that big deer farm and shoot the first little buck or button buck that comes by.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh and he doesn't want to do anything to manage these deer, provide forage, cover or aqll that stuff. he just wants to show up at his favorite stump on that big deer farm and shoot the first little buck or button buck that comes by.
Because BTB has his earplugs in and his blinders fastened securely he doesn't realize that I cut browse for the deer, planted pines, chestnuts and apple trees along with strawberries, winter wheat and clover for the deer.. Furthermore , the poor fool doesn't realize none of our hunters have harvested a BB since 2001.

Quick Reply: PA Flintlock / Late archery

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.