Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA BUCK

Old 12-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA BUCK

BTB better run out and kill somethin quick like! Your honor sir is at stake! The combatant BB2 has issued an online slap of the glove across your face. You two are something!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whitetailhunter,

Ignore these two. For some reason, they're following each other onto every thread just to keep bickering.

As for your question.

Our camp took 3 nice bucks this year. An 8, a 10 and 9 pointer. All with spreads of 17" or better. Mind you, we're on Private ground so this isn't unusual for our camp.

I haven't heard of too many bucks being taken around us though. Some shooting on surrounding properties, but I have to say...its been an awefully quiet season.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

I got this one the second day in 3C.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: WillCz

I shot my best PA buck on Oct 4 with the bow.

Stilll not happy we seeing virtually no deer but I did shoot a good one.

my buck i was after was shot
he was only buck i saw in archery.

my biggest worry is NO FAWNS, NONE.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can tell you on ground that is private in 2D most all got skunked. Even the farmers that feed em' got skunked. During bow we saw many shooters and few doe. First wek of gun we saw many many doe and small bucks in the first week, but no shooter bucks. I still have flintlock. I do like the 1 st week buck only. If flintlock turns put the way I think it will, I will be spending my vacation time at camp in flintlock season. We can hunt bow (Xbow BTB, LOL[8D]) and flint for a few days oiin relative peace and quiet.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

I can tell you on ground that is private in 2D most all got skunked. Even the farmers that feed em' got skunked. During bow we saw many shooters and few doe. First wek of gun we saw many many doe and small bucks in the first week, but no shooter bucks. I still have flintlock. I do like the 1 st week buck only. If flintlock turns put the way I think it will, I will be spending my vacation time at camp in flintlock season. We can hunt bow (Xbow BTB, LOL[8D]) and flint for a few days oiin relative peace and quiet.
only thing i hope is weather is not like these 2 weeks,man, it was cold.
i could not take 2 days in row hunting in this weather.

you should have seen the hunters next to me in treestands.
i was in my 49 dollar 17 ft ladderstand.

it was SOLID on big oak tree.

others had those summit climbing stands.

they were swaying all day ,back/forth,i got dizzy watching those guys swing in wind on monday/tuesday.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in 2A, Western Greene.

Got a doe on Monday with a pistol. Saw 6 bucks, 4 does.

4 of the bucks weren't legal, 2 I wasn't sure. ( 4 point AR area)

EHD sure took a toll last year. Lots fewer deer this year.

I certainly feel for you northern guys.

Anyway, got a nice 8 point on tuesday. Saw this guy before the season and was hoping to get a crack at him.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

buck

Old 12-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice buck there Windwalker7! Congrats!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

Not sure why you referred to me with the crossbow thing there BH1. You must have me confused with someone else. As I pointed out many times recently, Ihave become fairly nuetral on them. I own one specifically for the late season where flintlocks arent allowed and where I hunt inspots wherethe cover is sparse and movement can become a big issue. I shot a doe just this Wednesday with one. More than anything else, some of my best spots for late archery require that I virtually have to remain standing and hold a conventional bow "at the ready" at all times. At my age that gets old quick especially when the weather gets cold. With the crossbow, it's possible to remain seated most of the time and still be ready for a shot.

I still have a wee bit of concern that they will have an effect on the early bow season, but the results from other states don't really indicate a big cause for that concern. At least not to me.

Quick Reply: PA BUCK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.