Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

More Spin From RSB

Old 12-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: More Spin From RSB

You sure aren't much of a hunter if you never bothered to pick up a shed antler. I didn't know hunting sheds or picking up skulls was illegal. would you care to cite the section of the code that makes hunting shed a violation?
Old 12-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its odd the everyone says that genetics doesn't play a very big role on rack size. yes, nutrition and age are very important.
Your problem is that you are applying too much common sense which completely escapes those that support ARs. No breeder of any animal would would kill off its best males and allow lesser animals to do the breeding. Even Dr. kroll admits that culling bucks before 3.5 yrs. is a bad idea, but in PA we cull our best buck at 1.5 and continue to cull the best buck in each succeeding age class.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

The antlers on a dead deer are not sheds, and are against the law to be taken from the woods. Trying to kick them off is an attempt at an illegal act. Ask RSB if you dare broach this subject with him.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have no need to ask RSB. Just cite the section of the regs that state it is illegal to pick up the skull or sheds of a deer other than a roadkill.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

The digest is not the complete wildlife code, and ignorance of the law is not a defense.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

I genrally hunt in 2A,2B,and 2d and hunt all three seasons,but my future plan is to quit hunting in this state next year and start hunting a lease I have aquired in Ohio.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: livbucks

The digest is not the complete wildlife code, and ignorance of the law is not a defense.
I didn't make any reference to the Hunting Digest and I have a complete copy of the wildlife code, do you?
Old 12-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

ORIGINAL: livbucks

I didn't make any reference to the Hunting Digest and I have a complete copy of the wildlife code, do you?

So you've got a copy of the game code. Now we're really impressed

I think Gregs point was that if you knew it was illegal to try to kick the antlers off a dead buck, why did you try?
Old 12-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe it is illegal to remove any antlers,except sheds, from the woods without a permit, paid at $10 per point.
I welcome the truth and if I am mistaken, so be it.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

You thought Kroll said that the spike bucks were late born when in fact you didn't have a clue. Now ,even though I have the code, I will freely admit that I did not try to find the section that states it is illegal to kick a dead deer in the head or to beat a dead horse. If you would care to cite the chapter and verse I would certainly appreciate that info.

Quick Reply: More Spin From RSB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.