Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

More Spin From RSB

Old 12-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: More Spin From RSB

But yet I passed on legal bucks, knowing and accepting that they very well may be taken by other hunters,
You passed on those legal bucks simply because you thought they did not meet your high standards and you wouldn't be able to brag about them to your buddies. You did not do it for the good of the herd or the future of the sport of hunting.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

But yet I passed on legal bucks, knowing and accepting that they very well may be taken by other hunters,
You passed on those legal bucks simply because you thought they did not meet your high standards and you wouldn't be able to brag about them to your buddies. You did not do it for the good of the herd or the future of the sport of hunting.
You sir are a bitter little man. I truely feel for those around you. The world has a lot good in it yet your blind hatred for something you are unable to comprehend has driven you to edge of insanity.
I'm going hunting now,and when I return I will check into how manytimes you can fit blah..blah into a rambling senseless responce how only you and your merry men can save the PA spike from eventual extermination.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going hunting now,and when I return I will check into how manytimes you can fit blah..blah into a rambling senseless responce how only you and your merry men can save the PA spike from eventual extermination.
That shows how little you know about ARs ,since ARs will increase the percentage of spikes rather than lead to their eventual extermination.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:46 AM

ORIGINAL: livbucks

That could be your problem right there. You are locked in on old ways of stump sitting and letting others force the unnatural movement of deer past you. I have finally put together your anger issue with the GC. Less deer means less effective (fun) stump sitting. And now there are less hunters as well. This is really throwing a monkey wrench into your way of taking advantage of other hunters and an overpopulated herd. The new improved way requires hunting now. That means you need to get up and go find deer. That is very uncomfortablefor you, isn't it? Like anybody that has been receiving entitlements, when it is taken away, the result is extreme unconsolable anger.
Are you in the group of people who sit during archery season or get upset because people stomp past your stand yet you post this new way of hunt now?It is ok as long as they don't hunt now by you or your area. BB is correct on the herds and the pgc arse kissers. He has changed my mind with his data but I see no evidence from the pgc that shows BB to be wrong. It is all BS from RSB and other wanna be pgc on here.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually Sammy, only if I hunt private property and they are trespassing. On any public land I wave and make conversation with them and wish them well on their hunt.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

That could be your problem right there. You are locked in on old ways of stump sitting and letting others force the unnatural movement of deer past you. I have finally put together your anger issue with the GC. Less deer means less effective (fun) stump sitting. And now there are less hunters as well. This is really throwing a monkey wrench into your way of taking advantage of other hunters and an overpopulated herd. The new improved way requires hunting now. That means you need to get up and go find deer. That is very uncomfortablefor you, isn't it? Like anybody that has been receiving entitlements, when it is taken away, the result is extreme unconsolable anger.

Sorry,still waiting to see the overpopulated herd he's speaking of and as far as "new and improved way of hunting",just one mans opinion and we all know what they say about opinions !
Old 12-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

That could be your problem right there. You are locked in on old ways of stump sitting and letting others force the unnatural movement of deer past you. I have finally put together your anger issue with the GC. Less deer means less effective (fun) stump sitting
That is pretty funny when you consider that I have been the designated driver for our group for over 30 years. I would much rather walk to locate game and try to out smart rather than sit 20 ft. up in a tree to try to ambush one. The definition of hunting is the pursuit of game, not waiting for the game to come to you.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

That could be your problem right there. You are locked in on old ways of stump sitting and letting others force the unnatural movement of deer past you. I have finally put together your anger issue with the GC. Less deer means less effective (fun) stump sitting
That is pretty funny when you consider that I have been the designated driver for our group for over 30 years. I would much rather walk to locate game and try to out smart rather than sit 20 ft. up in a tree to try to ambush one. The definition of hunting is the pursuit of game, not waiting for the game to come to you.
That is the lamest stab at instigating I have ever witnessed.
You know I bowhunt and are just trying to lure me out.
Will not work Dum Bass.
I'm not ashamed of being a hunter, like you are.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually it worked like a charm and put a nice big burr under your saddle And like clocked you responded with more name calling and insults ,instead of discussing the subject matter. Remember, when you start the nonsense of cheap shots and insults you can expect to get it in return.

Remember, most experts agree that ARs are the worse method for improving the buck age structure , but Alt and the PGC didn't care. they needed a carrot to get hunters to shoot more doe ,they implemented ARs anyway,despite the known negative effects.

Here is something else to think about from PABucks.com.
Age can also effect a buck’s antlers. Whitetailed deer do not achieve maturity until they are 5 to 8 years of age. Studies have demonstrated the average buck achieves only about 10 percent of his potential antler development by age 1.5 years (when he completes his first set of antlers as an 18-month-old buck).

It has also been able to demonstrate that there is little relationship between the first year antlers and the antler development a buck will have when he reaches the mature age classes of 5 years or older. This means a spike-antlered buck has a good chance of becoming a trophy-quality adult buck. By the time a buck has completed his second set of antlers he still only has achieved only 25-35 percent of his potential antler development.

At 3 years of age (few bucks live longer than this in Pennsylvania because of the amount of hunters that hunt in this state). A buck still only has achieved about 50 percent of his potential antler quality. It is not until 5 years of age that most bucks approach their full antler potential, and often, antlers don’t reach their maximum size until 7 or 8 years of age (for captive deer raised under ideal conditions).

Probably less than 1 out 5,000 bucks would survive to the 6-year-old age class with the hunters that hunt in Pennsylvania. It is no wonder we don’t see the quality of bucks that existed when my grandfather hunted the exact same woods, when hunting pressure was very low compared to today. Two other factors that effect a buck’s antler development are injury and disease.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Food for thought here.

Has anyone here heard the term "managment buck"?

It probably originated in Texas. We've all seen those big racks on those hunting shows.

It seems that here in PA, we do everything bass akwards.

In Texas, they shoot the inferior bucks and let the bucks with potential grow.

Here in PA, we shoot the nicer bucks and let the smaller ones grow.

If you had two yearling bucks, one carrying 8 points and one a spike, guess which one is legal in PA.

We kill the buck with better genes and allow the spike to continue on.

Now, I have to admit that there are nicer bucks in PA because they get to get older, but down the road, you have to wonder how things will be.

I'm not sure if the ranch owners in Texas would like the idea of shooting off all the huge racked bucks and letting small bucks walk.

Just imagine what it would be like if the PGC decided to change the rules. If they said that for the next 3 years, the only legal buck in Pa would be spikes and fork horns.Anything bigger is off limits.

What do you think PA's buck situation would be like after 3 years of this?

Quick Reply: More Spin From RSB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.