Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Wetern Md Hunters

Old 09-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wetern Md Hunters

I think they should shut down gun hunting for the next five years in greenridge and make it bow only. That place is sad. SHOT OUT
Keep all the gunners from Baltimore out LOL
Old 09-15-2008, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been hunting GR for about 35 years. I've killed 1 decent 8 point... I'm guessing 3.5 years old99.9% of the deer I kill up there are 18 month old. Spikes, fork horns and does... If you are looking for a "HAMMER" buck... Green ridge STATE forest is not the place... You might want to startlearning words like scrub, inbread,cow horn and yearling!!!You cant wipe the words G2 and G3 out of you vocabulary
Old 09-15-2008, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

As much as I would suffer too...I think the best thing to do is to institute QDM in MD. No bucks with less than a 15 inch spread. It would take a couple years but that would get all areas up to growing trophies. My opinion.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL, some funny posts there albeit very true. I TOTALLY agree with making Greenridge BOW ONLY. Maybe for a couple years and see how it goes.

Funny thing; Have you ever seen theWoods and Watermagazine? They had an article published last year that said there were huge bucks in GR state forest. Is that false marketing or what??

Yes, I think all the baltiimore hunters hit GR big time come gun season. I used to work in Baltimore and everybody I knew who gun hunted spent a week's long vacation in GR for the opening week of gun season.

Yes, scrubs is a good word for bucks up there. Maybe some antler restrictions might help.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Itotaly agree with antler restrictions ,we need somthing like 6pts or better rule with the exception of the handicap and seniors , look what it did for pa not only are the people i talk to seing 2 times as many bucks when they are in the woods they are seeing 3 1/2 year old bucks trophy size ,
i used to live in baltimorewe used to have a cabin on topstafford trail next to the power line and the old bus camper , and i have took my share of doe and scrub bucks from there , now i live in hagerstown and go to baltimore to hunt lol
Old 09-16-2008, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

I've hunted Greenridge off and on the last 10 or so years and I agree that place has potential for nice bucks, but the area is hunted hard and winters can be tough. Our group has only harvested does and a few small bucks. Archery only would make that place a goldmine.