Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa doe permits.. anyone know the deadline?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Pa doe permits.. anyone know the deadline?

Gawd I'm glad I live in a state that has all OTC tags.
They damn near give away doe tags here, $24 for the first one, and a nearly unlimted supply of additional tags at $15 each. We also have no state bag limit for antlerless, no antler restrictions, and no zone management.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Banned

Whatever works for ya Kevin! Seems to work ok where you are. Seeing as you dont have 900,000 deer hunters like Pa.

When considering we DONT have unlimited tags over the counter, you guys harvested about 76,000 antlerless in 2006, and in 06, we harvested three times that amount.... Try having 900,000 hunters harvesting 226,270 antlerless per year, and that, not even on one of our highest, andsee how well that works fer y'all's deer herd and huntingin Indy. ...or how well having unlimited otc tags would work here![X(]
Old 09-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Banned

"The “grim reaper” of deer populations (harsh winter affects without supporting food conditions) already came to Pennsylvania. That is what has all of you USP people so twisted up in the first place."

Sorry. No uspguy here. Norare mostof the hundreds of thousands that dont support the buffoonery afflicting our deer herd.

The "deer grim reaper" is a bit extreme these days. The reaper wants his friends at audubon to be happy, have lots and lots of trillium, a bird in every bush, marketable timber on every square inch and wears green, and collectively sits at Elmerton Avenue Pa.

You arent representative of Pgc, despite being an employee. Your job isnt deer mangagement, but law enforcement, and it shows. Study the pgc annual reports. You've apparently never taken the time, and within is contained much data thatshows the err of your ways. You are doing people a great disservice by trying to speak as an expert on a topic of which you simply are unprepared to do so. Iunderstand you free to express your eco-extreme views, but some semblance of accuracy should be strived for.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

"The “grim reaper” of deer populations (harsh winter affects without supporting food conditions) already came to Pennsylvania. That is what has all of you USP people so twisted up in the first place."

Sorry. No uspguy here. Norare mostof the hundreds of thousands that dont support the buffoonery afflicting our deer herd.

The "deer grim reaper" is a bit extreme these days. The reaper wants his friends at audubon to be happy, have lots and lots of trillium, a bird in every bush, marketable timber on every square inch and wears green, and collectively sits at Elmerton Avenue Pa.

You arent representative of Pgc, despite being an employee. Your job isnt deer mangagement, but law enforcement, and it shows. Study the pgc annual reports. You've apparently never taken the time, and within is contained much data thatshows the err of your ways. You are doing people a great disservice by trying to speak as an expert on a topic of which you simply are unprepared to do so. Iunderstand you free to express your eco-extreme views, but some semblance of accuracy should be strived for.

How absolutely hilarious that you and bluebird can have the audacity to criticize RSB's qualifications to post about deer management. The posts he has taken the time to put up here are basically saying the same things that game managers and biologists all over this country have been saying.

We know that Bluebird2 has no qualifications in wildlife management whatsoever.

You're new here, or your screen name suggests it anywayso why don't you enlighten us on your qualifications that make you an expert and therefore qualified to question RSB's views?
Old 09-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

We know that Bluebird2 has no qualifications in wildlife management whatsoever.
I may in fact have no formal qualifications but I just demonstrated RSB didn't know what the criteria was for the forest health surveys and he doesn't understand the difference between forest health and habitat health. He also didn't know the PGC was still using population estimates to establish antlerless allocations. Maybe you should ask RSB what his qualifications are for contradicting the PGC experts and questioning their data.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Banned

"How absolutely hilarious that you and bluebird can have the audacity to criticize RSB's qualifications to post about deer management."

How absolutely hilariousthat you actually claim he has any. He is aWCO. Not a biologist. Though he disagrees with the pgc biologist accumulated data. If youtook a gander at thedata, as the rest of us do,and did so objectively instead of worryingabout discrediting me based on nothing, maybe you would be able to agree or at leastimplement a realistic rebuttal.

As I said, Hehasno more deer management qualifications than probably most others on here. Since you dont know mine, and I dont feel in a sharing mood, your opinion is unbased anyway.

"The posts he has taken the time to put up here are basically saying the same things that game managers and biologists all over this country have been saying."

Ha ha ha. Good one. Not one state in the nation has gone to our extremes and none are going to. We are pointed at as "what not to do if you want to retain hunters, and have a healthy deer herd". Only biologists that would be even close to saying we need the things such as RSBs extreme views are the biologists that Audubon hason its staff... And if ya do a websearch, they'll be more than happy to say WORD FOR WORD what we should do with our deer management.... Then compare to what we've done since their input... Unless you are a pgc employee, friend or family member, it just may make you raise an eyebrow.

"You're new here, or your screen name suggests it anywayso why don't you enlighten us on your qualifications that make you an expert and therefore qualified to question RSB's views? "

Yes, I am new here. NIce of you to notice. I have just as much if not more qualification that RSB, and clearly more familiar with Pgcs pertinent data as well. Thats all you need know. Im not here to prove anything to those few extremists that arent gonna listen to anyone esle anyway... Just speaking my mind. Each of our words speak for themselves as do the facts presented. You need to worry less about my qualifications and more time spent searching for some shred of evidence that actually backs rsb and apparently your position. Ive looked over the data for years and cannot find any, but much to the contrary.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wildlife management and biology is actually a pretty big part of a WCO's qualifications.I know R.S.B. personally and have spentmany hours with him in the field.His knowledge and experience is far beyond what most on here have.R.S.B works with foresters,biologists and land managers on a regular basis with issues concerning deer management.I'm sure some of that knowledge rubs off on him.I'm curious as to why you feel you have more qualifications than him.If it makes you feel any better,I kinda thought he was a quack at first.After I got to know him however,I realized that he was alot more knowlegable and about as dedicated as they come.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is no doubt RSB has a lot of knowledge and experience and is extremely dedicated. Unfortunately his inherent bias prevents him from being objective and applying his knowledge and experience in a more constructive manner. His failure to admit that forest health is not indicative of habitat health is just one example of how his bias effects his opinions.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

"How absolutely hilarious that you and bluebird can have the audacity to criticize RSB's qualifications to post about deer management."

How absolutely hilariousthat you actually claim he has any. He is aWCO. Not a biologist. Though he disagrees with the pgc biologist accumulated data. If youtook a gander at thedata, as the rest of us do,and did so objectively instead of worryingabout discrediting me based on nothing, maybe you would be able to agree or at leastimplement a realistic rebuttal.

As I said, Hehasno more deer management qualifications than probably most others on here. Since you dont know mine, and I dont feel in a sharing mood, your opinion is unbased anyway.

"The posts he has taken the time to put up here are basically saying the same things that game managers and biologists all over this country have been saying."

Ha ha ha. Good one. Not one state in the nation has gone to our extremes and none are going to. We are pointed at as "what not to do if you want to retain hunters, and have a healthy deer herd". Only biologists that would be even close to saying we need the things such as RSBs extreme views are the biologists that Audubon hason its staff... And if ya do a websearch, they'll be more than happy to say WORD FOR WORD what we should do with our deer management.... Then compare to what we've done since their input... Unless you are a pgc employee, friend or family member, it just may make you raise an eyebrow.

"You're new here, or your screen name suggests it anywayso why don't you enlighten us on your qualifications that make you an expert and therefore qualified to question RSB's views? "

Yes, I am new here. NIce of you to notice. I have just as much if not more qualification that RSB, and clearly more familiar with Pgcs pertinent data as well. Thats all you need know. Im not here to prove anything to those few extremists that arent gonna listen to anyone esle anyway... Just speaking my mind. Each of our words speak for themselves as do the facts presented. You need to worry less about my qualifications and more time spent searching for some shred of evidence that actually backs rsb and apparently your position. Ive looked over the data for years and cannot find any, but much to the contrary.
As I expected you ducked the challenge of your qualifications proving yourself to be just one more frustratednimrod who didn't see enough deer last season so you therefore need to find someone to blame.

RSB and the rest of the PGC have virtually every wildlife management entity, both public and private,standing theirpractices while you and a few others grab a few stats and embarass yourself by twisting em out of context and declaring that all the experts who do this for a livingmust be wrong.

It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

RSB and the rest of the PGC have virtually every wildlife management entity, both public and private, standing their practices while you and a few others grab a few stats and embarass yourself by twisting em out of context and declaring that all the experts who do this for a living must be wrong.
Well let's see if you can back that up with facts. Can you name one state that reduced their buck harvest by 47% in just 6 years?
Can you name one state at the similar latitude as PA that manages their herd in any WMU at 12 PSDPSM? Can you name one state that intentionally manages their herd at considerably below the MSY carrying capacity?

Quick Reply: Pa doe permits.. anyone know the deadline?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.