Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa doe permits.. anyone know the deadline?

Old 09-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pa doe permits.. anyone know the deadline?

You HAVE to know we are sick and tired of your continual harranging and no one even listens to you anymore.
Apparently you are still listening or you wouldn't be so bent out of shape.Maybe you can explain how my posts have any negative effect on what you do or believe or are you just upset because everybody doesn't agree with you?
Old 09-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

2G is a big unit and I've never seen the PGC's regeneration plots.I do however,cover alot of ground throughout that unit and I see many promising signs of recovery,not verywhere but much more so than before.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

That does not explain why the PGC experts disagree with your observations. Their survey plots are spread out over the entire WMU and their location is kept secret in order to prevent tampering.All of the plots have adequate sunlight, so if the plots aren't regenerating at 12 PS DPSM, then isn't the obvious solution to reduce the herd in 2G to 5 DPSM or less?
Old 09-19-2008, 07:31 PM
RSB
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

That does not explain why the PGC experts disagree with your observations. Their survey plots are spread out over the entire WMU and their location is kept secret in order to prevent tampering.All of the plots have adequate sunlight, so if the plots aren't regenerating at 12 PS DPSM, then isn't the obvious solution to reduce the herd in 2G to 5 DPSM or less?

Boy what a load of bologna. Where did you get the idea the survey plots aren’t regenerating or improved from what they had been just a few years ago?

You are wrong, very wrong.

Even though the survey plots are still listed as poor the habitat in 2G is still much better then it was just few years ago. The habitat used to be horrible, from years of far too many deer, and now it is slightly better then that because the numbers have been lower for the past few years.
And no the deer herds don’t have to be taken down to 5 deer per square mile in order to continue having habitat improvement, so that isn’t the obvious solution as you suggested. Your comment was nothing more then pure nonsense posting in order to generate more misunderstanding and misinformation.

All that is required to continue having habitat improvement is holding the deer herd in check from becoming higher then what the long term habitat carrying capacity is. We have been marginally successful at that the past few years, even though the herd is presently on the increase. It will probably be decades yet before many areas of unit 2G will support many more deer then already exist there. In fact, if we were to have another couple of harsh winters like those we had a few years ago the winter grounds habitat most likely wouldn’t support the deer numbers we have in unit 2G right now or what we will have following this fall’s hunting season.

The plain and simple fact is that the fastest way to have more deer for the long term in unit 2G, or nearly any other unit, is by trying to keep fewer deer then the habitat can support. If you do that the habitat will recover and when it does the deer numbers will also increase to match the habitat and can also be sustained at the higher numbers as long as hunters continue to harvest about as many deer as they can.

What is also true is that if hunters don’t control the population we will have too many deer through the winter until the habitat declines. Then the deer numbers will decline to meet the reduced food supply. That is simply the way nature works and it has nothing to do with what you or anyone else wishes were true or different. That is what the deer and nature have already proved to us. It is time to listen to messages of the deer and nature instead of people that don’t understand much of anything about either deer or nature.

R.S.Bodenhorn
Old 09-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even though the survey plots are still listed as poor the habitat in 2G is still much better then it was just few years ago. The habitat used to be horrible, from years of far too many deer, and now it is slightly better then that because the numbers have been lower for the past few years.
Would you please explain why the horrible habitat in 2G in 2003 produced a buck harvest of 10,110 and an antlerless harvest of 20,370 while the much better habitat in 2007 only produced a buck harvest of 5,100 and an antlerless harvest of 6,600?
We have been marginally successful at that the past few years, even though the herd is presently on the increase. It will probably be decades yet before many areas of unit 2G will support many more deer then already exist there.
In 2000 the PGC said 2G had 14 DPSM and by 2005 it was reduced to 8 or 9 DPSM. If the horrible habitat in 2000 supported 14 DPSM, why can't the improved habitat we have now support more than 8 or 9 DPSM?

Also, could you please tell us what the antlered/antlerless harvest ratio is needed in order to keep the herd stable?

Old 09-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

You HAVE to know we are sick and tired of your continual harranging and no one even listens to you anymore.
Apparently you are still listening or you wouldn't be so bent out of shape.Maybe you can explain how my posts have any negative effect on what you do or believe or are you just upset because everybody doesn't agree with you?

You use every opportunity you can to spread your venom. YOU are the one that hijacked this thread to brgin with. If you will go back and read my initial reply to you, you would see exactly what I said.....You jumped right into a topic that had absolutely nothing to do with AR, HR, forest regeneration or anything else you decided to take the opportunity to expound on. Once again...in BIG letters so you can see and hopefully grasp the context of the initial poster's question....WHAT IN THE HELL DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH WHEN PEOPLE ARE RECEIVING THEIR ANTLERLESS LICENSES?????
Old 09-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does anyone know the deadline this year for county treasurers to mail out doe permits (first and second round) to the successful applicants.
That was the topic of this thread and the question was answered by Denny in the third post so everything posted after that was off topic. Then you posted about when you got your second round license , which had nothing to do with the deadline. How many posts do you want to read about who got their tags , on what day from what county.
You jumped right into a topic that had absolutely nothing to do with AR, HR, forest regeneration or anything else you decided to take the opportunity to expound on.
If you think issuing antlerless tags has nothing to do with HR. would you please explain how the PGC managed to reduce the herd by over 40%?

Old 09-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does anyone know the deadline this year for county treasurers to mail out doe permits (first and second round) to the successful applicants.
That was the topic of this thread and the question was answered by Denny in the third post so everything posted after that was off topic. Then you posted about when you got your second round license , which had nothing to do with the deadline. How many posts do you want to read about who got their tags , on what day from what county.
You jumped right into a topic that had absolutely nothing to do with AR, HR, forest regeneration or anything else you decided to take the opportunity to expound on.
If you think issuing antlerless tags has nothing to do with HR. would you please explain how the PGC managed to reduce the herd by over 40%?

Once again, just what does that have to do wuth the timeframe people received their antlerless tags in ??
You are in dire need of professional help.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DougE

The habitat was severly degraded in many areas do to years and years of too many deer.This can't be disputed.Now that the herd has been reduced,the habitat is coming back nicely.

I met up with pawildman for the first time a few weeks ago.We took a semi-short tour through some public land in 2G.I think he'd agree that the habityat is on the upswing in these areas.
That was a great time spent with you, Doug.... You showed me some territory I was unfamiliar with, and it's looking great!! Looking forward to doing it again, and wish to give you a tour of "my neck of the woods"....
Old 09-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Banned

"Boy what a load of bologna. Where did you get the idea the survey plots aren’t regenerating or improved from what they had been just a few years ago?"

Pgc says many areas arenot regenerating sufficiently. IF they arent, and the deer herd isrock bottom levels, guess the bologna you speak of isnt coming from Bluebird. Fact is there are many contributing factors, but deer get the blame. Kinda hard to blame something that now is "barely there" yet that doesnt stop pgc. Its not soil dificiencies, acid rain, poor timber practices, nothin'. Just them darn woods wreckers! Kill em all is the chant from Elmerton! LOL

"Even though the survey plots are still listed as poor the habitat in 2G is still much better then it was just few years ago."

Yeah, with very few deer it really skyrocketed from poor to "still poor"... At this rate, heck another century and we'll be able to increase the deer herd 5%.(LOL) Maybe THEN our ranks will quit declining at over DOUBLE the national average?

Sorry guys about the off topic post, saw an ongoingdiscussion where my b.s. meter dang near redlined and thought Id"keep it real".

Quick Reply: Pa doe permits.. anyone know the deadline?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.