Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa doe permits.. anyone know the deadline?

Old 09-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pa doe permits.. anyone know the deadline?

I went to see Dr. Alt and found that he didn't know what he was talking about? I was thinking about seeing Dr. Kroll until I read his recent article and realized he wasn't much better than Dr. Alt. Maybe ,I'll have a talk with Dr. Demarais who at least is smart enough to know that ARs reduce the average rack size of 2.5+ buck due to high grading.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

I went to see Dr. Alt and found that he didn't know what he was talking about? I was thinking about seeing Dr. Kroll until I read his recent article and realized he wasn't much better than Dr. Alt. Maybe ,I'll have a talk with Dr. Demarais who at least is smart enough to know that ARs reduce the average rack size of 2.5+ buck due to high grading.
And just what in the hell does this have to do with when people received their antlerless tags??? Why don't you take your twisted crap and vacate the premisis?? You HAVE to know we are sick and tired of your continual harranging and no one even listens to you anymore. You are a plague on the net.
People like you surely show themselves after awhile, and your cover has been blown for a long time.
If you are so convinced of your beliefs and theories, get some funding and some BALLS and go sue the PGC. Get the hell off my computer screen.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Typical Buck

I predict he will shortly advise you not to read his posts, if they bother you.

Bymy reckoning, he's dismissed the findings of just about every person with a Phd behind their name, that's everbeen involved withdeer, deer management, wildlife management, forest management and damn near anything else one might discuss on ahunting forum.

Figure some day he'll get around to pointing out the shortcomings of the Fish and Boat Commission, once he's exhausted his noggin full of wildlife managementlore.

Someone once asked me what I thought he might look like and this fellerimmediately came to mind.......

Old 09-18-2008, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hell BBird, I'm shooting everything i can! That is what the license is for...........I want everyone to smack and let the air out oflegal deer no matter the age. Then I get the second season in the good woods by myself. I have learned that Doctors do nothing but find things wrong w/ me. I quit going nothing is wrong! I also believe common sense in managing my ground and myself (which is all I can comforatbly manage and have rights too) is what I will do. If I put a moritorium on rack size (PAPGC be damned) on my ground, so be it, if I want to clean the doe herd up, so be it. You are not the only person who has an opinion, or reads management philosophies, Biology reportings, and cares about the land. The PAPGC is nothing but a police agency to me and is showing it's teeth because it's gums have receeded from OLD age and ideas. I do not buy into their ideas of game management for the same reason that they can't even get something as simple as a POS system installed. How can they or their paid proffesionals (PAPGC game lobbyists possibly ?)have any clue on building or maintaining a deer management program? So take those stats that you spew, and Dr.'s writings and philoso[phies and chuck them in that fenced in deer browse study area as that is what good I can see coming from them. You are the reason 'brown it's down" is popular in myth!
Old 09-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DennyF

I predict he will shortly advise you not to read his posts, if they bother you.

Bymy reckoning, he's dismissed the findings of just about every person with a Phd behind their name, that's everbeen involved withdeer, deer management, wildlife management, forest management and damn near anything else one might discuss on ahunting forum.

Figure some day he'll get around to pointing out the shortcomings of the Fish and Boat Commission, once he's exhausted his noggin full of wildlife managementlore.

Someone once asked me what I thought he might look like and this fellerimmediately came to mind.......

Zero social skills,fairly lowintelligence,an obsession with numbers but has difficulty applying even simple mathematical concepts to those numbers..........

I always figured he was the guy on the left......

Old 09-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't imagine why anyone would get so upset over my posts. You can still all believe whatever you want and sing the praises of the PGC deer management plan which reduced the buck harvest by over 45%. You can still shoot all the doe you want and reduce the herd as much as you want and manage your property any way you choose.

But if cheapshots and insults are all you have to defend the PGC and their plan, then I feel even more confident that my position ,which is supported by the PGC data, is the right position. However, if any one can provide the data that proves the plan worked as predicted , I will be willing to change my position and support the plan.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

I can't imagine why anyone would get so upset over my posts. You can still all believe whatever you want and sing the praises of the PGC deer management plan which reduced the buck harvest by over 45%. You can still shoot all the doe you want and reduce the herd as much as you want and manage your property any way you choose.

But if cheapshots and insults are all you have to defend the PGC and their plan, then I feel even more confident that my position ,which is supported by the PGC data, is the right position. However, if any one can provide the data that proves the plan worked as predicted , I will be willing to change my position and support the plan.

If any of the crap you've spewed out over the past few years made any sense or had any validity, at least one or two biologists or game agencies would have changed their managementstrategies. Guess what? They arent going to let one rain man wannabe change their plans no matter how insistent he becomes.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

There you go again ,firing another cheap shot with no facts to back it up. I posted the data that showed breeding rates and productivity have decreased instead of increasing and you provided nothing. I posted PGC 2.5+ buck harvest data and you misrepresented Dr. Koll's article and claimed it debunked Miss. claims about reduced rack sizes when it did no such thing. I'm still waiting for you to prove anything I have posted was false or misleading and I expect I will have to wait a lot longer.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

The habitat was severly degraded in many areas do to years and years of too many deer.This can't be disputed.Now that the herd has been reduced,the habitat is coming back nicely.

I met up with pawildman for the first time a few weeks ago.We took a semi-short tour through some public land in 2G.I think he'd agree that the habityat is on the upswing in these areas.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can you explain why the improvement in the habitat isn't reflected in the PGC's assessment of forest health? Forest health in 2G is still rated poor with only 42% successful regeneration. How much more does the herd have to be reduced to improve regeneration to 70% in order to get good forest health?

Quick Reply: Pa doe permits.. anyone know the deadline?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.