Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Coyote Hunt

Old 01-20-2002, 07:57 PM

Default Coyote Hunt

Is Anyone else heading up to the Clearfield County (Mosquito Creek Gun Club) for the Coyote Hunt on Feb 7,8,9? If you've never heard of it before its a great hunt you pay 5 bucks yo join the club, and 5 bucks to enter the hunt. If you kill a coyote you get $200 on the spot for each one you kill. Heaviest coyote killed wins 50% of the remaining pot usually sowhere around $10,000!!!! Second place gets 30% and third 20%!!!! ALways lots of fun.
Old 01-20-2002, 08:12 PM

Default RE: Coyote Hunt

Wow! That sounds like some hunt BH.
Old 01-20-2002, 10:37 PM

Definitely a great time to be had by all...

If you can swing it... don't miss out on this one.

I will be going again this year... but not totally sure where I will be staying.

I will be sure to hit BA's Tavern though... just for lunch... nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

All kidding aside... this is probably the best coyote hunt you will ever get a chance to take part in... bar none.

Lots of food and lots of gun raffles at the club.

Here is a link to the Coyote Hunt if you are interested:

http://www.pennswoods.net/~mosquito/coyote.html

-DT
Old 01-20-2002, 10:48 PM

Sounds like it would be fun, for right now though, I am gonna try my luck on the coyotes on the farmers land that I hunt. He raises sheep and he said that he has been having a HUGE coyote problem. He hired a trapper but the guy has only caught two. He told me to try and take them out. He has lost two sheep to them already. I guess that I will try them sometime.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)
Old 01-21-2002, 09:24 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Is Anyone else heading up to the Clearfield County (Mosquito Creek Gun Club) for the Coyote Hunt on Feb 7,8,9? If you've never heard of it before its a great hunt you pay 5 bucks yo join the club, and 5 bucks to enter the hunt. If you kill a coyote you get $200 on the spot for each one you kill. Heaviest coyote killed wins 50% of the remaining pot usually sowhere around $10,000!!!! Second place gets 30% and third 20%!!!! ALways lots of fun.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Hi, do you know if a PA hunting license is required and how much a non-resident one is? Are 3 day licenses given out at reduced rates so I would not have to buy an out of state license for the whole year? I would love to try the Coyote hunt! Thanks for any info you can provide....
Old 01-21-2002, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

This'll be my fifth year at this. Great time, good excuse to get out of the house. We stay at my buddy's camp and hunt Elk county for the Yotes. If it's slow we'll stop and set up on some crows from time to time too! Taking a big dog can also win you some serious $$. Wouldn't miss it for the world!
Gutem, Need a Pa hunting license. No special ones to my knowledge.

Edited by - BTBowhunter on 01/21/2002 11:32:22
Old 01-22-2002, 11:07 AM

Gutem you dont need to buy a full season liscence. Last year I bought a 7-day small game license which is much cheaper than the full season. YOu have to have either a hunting or furtakers license to take coyotes.