Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How Did EverOne Do???

Old 02-25-2003, 12:20 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-25-2003, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How Did EverOne Do???

The small ones in the cooler. All kidding aside I wouldn' t call that a nice day I' d call it a great day or a good season.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

I think that AJ52 just about covered it. Good job Steve.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

i took a big old doe the first day at 8..then 915 i took a 6pt...my first buck....me and my dad have pics like steves....we took 3 within 3 hours...he took a big bodied button right after first light that he thought was a doe and he checked..turned out it wasnt...but then i took my doe then my buck...man we looked wierd dragging out 3 deer by 10am the first day...people looked at us like we are some kind of sickos and a few guys didnt think it was legal...but the laws say if one is legally tagged and you can take more if you have tags...i think thats a fun way to hunt....and we did our homework..thats why we were able to do it...we went back the first saturday and dad took another doe from the same spot...i didnt get a 2nd doe tag for that county...his came with about 8 others...we could doubled if i had a tag! and 4 deer really isnt much....we had a 3 or 400 dollar butcher bill and the frezzer is almost empty...we did eat ALOT of venison the past 3 months..people look at my like im rich when i talk about waking up and having steak and eggs every weekend...or how im going home to throw a steak or some chops on for dinner...little do they know its deer im talking about....and me and my dad are the only ones in the house that eat venison...i had a good year...my best...
Old 02-25-2003, 09:44 PM

Way to go Steve. The state of MD needs more hunters like us.

MD has a program where you drop your deer off at the butcher and they get the meat to a needy family. The six counties in the middle of the state have way too many deer and most of the property no one can hunt. Montgomery county gets over 2000 (two thousand) deer killed by vehicles every year.

Because of this, there is no limit on does in these counties. And no daily limit. That goes for shotguns muzzleloaders and bow.

Steve, the small ones taste better and are easier to drag.
Old 02-26-2003, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Natty B.
Not only that, they are a test of marksmanship...they are harder to hit.
One thing I failed to mention in my earlier post is that I let eight deer go by after I had four down. I was afraid I couldn' t get them all field dressed and out of the woods if I shot any more. Three of them were better bucks than the one I shot but the bucks were not legal until I checked in two does.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:52 AM

tok a 5 pointer 15 mins inot the maine season. missed a buck that was estimated to be around 280lbs or more . hoof to dew clew was 2 30-06sprg shells.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

My best year without a doubt 4 does and 2 bucks with my bow and before someone says something 3 of the does were with crop damage permits. And 1 buck with gun. I didnt even go with the muzzleloader as my freezer was full.
Old 02-28-2003, 01:39 PM

Well Steve;

It looks like you had a great day... My hats off to You Budd... It is great to see others doing there part for this great Sport.. And in You' re case it was a sport that day... You get the Deer Cup Award for a Great day Hunting.....Keep up the great work. Tell me something? You' re hunting spot is it on priv or pub Land. GREAT JOB STEVE.
Old 03-01-2003, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mystic,
I was hunting on private land. Unfortunately, it now has a for sale sign on it. It is slated for subdivision, but the owners are asking so much it might not sell.

Quick Reply: How Did EverOne Do???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.