Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

LEHIGH VALLEY HUNTING AND FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA

Old 03-01-2008, 03:22 PM

Default LEHIGH VALLEY HUNTING AND FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA

2008 LV HUNTING AND FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA WWW.LVHFE.COM
JUNE 20, 21, 22 of 2008
Hi everyone
Its been a long busy hunting season around here, and its been allot of fun aswell. We are presently working on updating our Web site and literature for this years show. We have some great new plans and ideas for this years show that are sure to be great fun for all. We have already herd from many of you that are excited for this year and look forward to working with you all again. If we haven't herd from you yet, be sure you will here from us. The earlier we know that your group or organization is going to be involved the better it is for us to promote your involvement. For now I have included a copy of the 2007 show follow up and about 20 great photos of last years show to refresh your memory of how great a show YOU helped make!
You will be hearing more from us shortly and I hope everyone is well.
Our focus has not changed
PROMOTING OUR HERITAGE TOGETHER !!
Thanks
Show Directors
Bob V. Danenhower Sr.
Rick Weaknecht

2007 LV HUNTING AND FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA SHOW FOLLOW UP
The enclosed ATTACHMENT is an in-depth follow up on our show it includes Event Winners, Scores,
Show Highlights,
Sponsor Highlights, & an Overall Look at where the show is going.
Some very special things took place in Kempton, PA. And lots of seeds have been planted.
Our Outdoor Heritage has received a breath of fresh air!!

Included below in this email are some comments we received about the show.
These comments are from people who came to the show,
some are from leaders in the outdoors industry that just wanted to see what all the fuss is about.
Check out the pictures to!!
We were so impressed by your show. I see the Extravaganza becoming one of the biggest outdoor events around anywhere
due to its hugely interactive venue for both youth and adults.
Sal & Jan Pitera
TV Host & Outdoor Communicator
Roving with the Practical Outdoorsman Show
************************************************** ***********************************
"Clearly, the commitment of the Lehigh Valley Hunting and Fishing Extravaganza to focus on hands-on, educational events both youth and adults sets it apart from other similar shows." -- Doyle Dietz, Outdoors Editor Pottsville REPUBLICAN & Herald/Shamokin News-Item
************************************************** ************************************************
My son and I had a great time today. We were there last year and we already plan on being there next year. He got to do so many things. He competed in the Scout challenge and tried every event. Everyone who helped or taught him something were terrific, patient, knowledgeable and enthusiastic.
Please share with everyone our appreciation for a great show in a great setting with a bunch of really great people.
ps The trout were delicious. We already ate them.
Scott Tyson
************************************************** *************************************************

... A great, don't miss, one-of-a-kind show; truly interactive and dedicated to passing on our outdoor heritage to the next generation.
G. Jacob Laubach
Forest Stream Publishing, LLC
Publisher and Editor
The Outdoor Adventurer

************************************************** ************************************************** *****

"The excitement evident in kids' eyes when they hooked a trout, triggered a muzzleloader, stuck an arrow in a bull's-eye or watched short-haired pointers and yellow Labrador retrievers perform opened up a new world for many kids and their friends and families."
... Tom Fegely, Outdoors Editor (retired),
The Morning Call, Allentown.
************************************************** ************************************************** ***
The show was much improved over the inaugural show. It had lots of opportunities for youngsters to do and experience the aspects of hunting and fishing, something they likely would't have had.
Nick Hromiak
************************************************** *********************************
"This is not just a sportsman's show, you are the sportsman in the show!"
Mike Walters
Director LV Safari Club International
Bob, the Lehigh Valley Hunting & Fishing Extravaganza was a great show. It is quickly becoming a Pennsylvania icon for outdoor youth development. The numbers of comments heard from visitors at the LVHFE were impressive, particularly when I heard young boys and girls enthusiastically talk about the "cool" and "exciting" experiences that they had at the Primitive Encampment that some called: "you know, that spot down their where they lived like Indians and shot those smokey guns and threw those neat tomahawks!" Equally, enthusiasm ran high amongst the adults who had an opportunity to test their skills in all of the various venues of archery/shotgun courses. Hunter's clays, trap, running deer, flintlock rifles, tests of strength and stamina entertained the fit, while the young anticipated the fight of leaping trout. With blue skies and wonderful weather, lifetime memories were made in Kempton.
Dave Ehrig
Author and Outdoors Writer
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************

Bob,
Just a quick note of thanks for your tour, your team, and an INCREDIBLE
event this past weekend.
We were duly impressed with the enthusiasm, respect, gratitude, and
professionalism that your staff displayed to our recruiters. Being a
recruiter in our Nation's time of need is a critical job and folks like
you and your team always make it a joy to get out and spend quality time
meeting our neighbors.
We have put your event on next year's list of MUST DO's and look forward
to continuing to be an active participant in years to come.......and
continuing our Army Strong relationship with you and your team!
My Very Best,
Mike
Mike McMaster
Commander, Jim Thorpe Recruiting Company

************************************************** ************************************************** ***

I've been an outdoorsmen my whole life. This show hits a little of each
area and then some.... I had a great time and simply love this show. We
will see you again next year.

Thank You Greg Christman