Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pennsylvania Sportsmen show?

Old 02-03-2003, 07:14 PM

Default Pennsylvania Sportsmen show?

Just wondering how many people are going? I've heard that it's really big and you really should spend 2 days there so you can see everything!! So, I'm going on the 15th and staying over night. Is it really that big of a show?
Old 02-03-2003, 09:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Pennsylvania Sportsmen show?

To really see everything and spend time there, yes it is really that big of a show. I'm sure with the new Cabela's coming and more, the show will have more than usual. There is plenty of free product to gather up too. Enjoy...I'll be there Sunday and the following Sat and Sun....just look for River Valley Game Calls in the NWTF booth of Nittany Valley Chapter.

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 02-04-2003, 03:30 AM
Typical Buck

Oh ,you mean the outfitter and game call show in Harrisburg? IMHO the show's changed over the years and I stopped going 3 years back. While one can have the opportunity to be able to look at just about all the optic(scopes,bino etc) there are only a couple exhibitors in the whole show to actually look at firearms one might be in the market for and as far as fishing ,one might find oe or two that cater to flyfishing. Everything else is for &quot;Billy Bob Bass Fisherman&quot;.
Personally I go to 4-5 smaller shows, with one or two of them taylored to my interests, and have a much better time and leave without a headache from the constant turkey and waterfowl calling.
Old 02-04-2003, 06:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not me to big and to many people.Most of the displays are pay to hunt outfitters anyway with 3000 to 10,000 pay hunts.I can see that on the puter or TV.If they had local farmers their offering hunts on their farms free I would go and sign up.Lots of campers and stuff.The show dont fit most Pa hunters budget anyway.I think what upset me last time I was their was all the pay to hunt ranches in Pa. The one place wanted up to 12,000 for a 180 B&C trophy. Lots of boats ,fishing junk.But it all has a dollar on it ,far and beyond the fair market value. I did enjoy the mounts and arguing with the PGC display reps.It was so crowded even on a weekday I had to make a annoucement in one asile that was at a standstill.Hey I said to my son I think I'm going to puke,and the people around me might get messed up.That got the aisle unjammed
Old 02-04-2003, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Recovering from surgery is keeping me home this year, but CD is absolutely right. It has become extreemly crowded even during the week and now they're going to charge $5.00 to park and then another $10.00 to get in. I've been to at least 20 of their shows and always dropped a couple hundred bucks while there, but I'm not going to miss the crowds and obnoxious calling that is non-stop.

Isn't it amazing how your OWN calling doesn't seem too obnoxious!!
Old 02-05-2003, 03:58 PM

I'm a glutton for punishment! My son and I will be there around mid-week! Gonna go shoot the breeze with the outfitters.
Old 02-05-2003, 04:24 PM

It shows that the show has more then just outfitters. It's showing on the floorplan, a archery hall, a fishing hall, 2 hunting accessory halls, an outfitter hall, a rv section, and more. Is this the same show you guys are all talking about? Here is the link...
http://www.sport.reedexpo.com/eastern/index.htm
Old 02-08-2003, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never been to this show. I hear its good, is it worth going? It's only about 1 hour from here (I live in Lancaster)

Walk softly and carry a big gun...or just make accurate shots.
Old 02-09-2003, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was there yesterday.It was crowded as usual but had a great time anyways.These show's are the only time I get to see some old friends.

Old 02-09-2003, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

I go every year, its something to do. Feb. is such a slow month. I look forward to going.

Quick Reply: Pennsylvania Sportsmen show?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.