Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Log homes (pics page 2)

Old 12-28-2007, 10:21 AM

Default RE: Log homes

rob,
your house is nice.....

Did you logs come numbered and when you put together you read the print and line up the logs by number ? Wondering if it is the same as ward......pretty easy once you get everythign squared
Old 12-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Your house is awesome. My fiancee anc I are in the process of buying land to build our dream home. I sent her an email with a link to the forum to view your pictures. We have an idea of what we want and your house looks pretty much like it, with a few exceptions. I want the master bedroom on the first floor and two bedrooms upstairs. I had'nt thought of a loft. It seems that you use it often and is a nice addition. Hopefully someday we get all this done.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: sc003ro

rob,
your house is nice.....

Did you logs come numbered and when you put together you read the print and line up the logs by number ? Wondering if it is the same as ward......pretty easy once you get everythign squared
No they are not number but they are designated header logs and wall logs. Header logs are for above windows and doors.

They simply send enough to do the job. I had several left over which I made a 12' log bar in the basement for when I completely finish the man cave.

Duramax, The loft is where we watch TV, relax on the sectional and I'm playing on the computer via wireless. We keep the downstairs living/ great room formal. When I finish off the man cave (basement) I will move my 42" Flat/HD plasma tv from the loft to the man cave and add a smaller one for the loft.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

How did I know
Old 12-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

How did I know
Care to explain or is this just another typical useless reply?
Old 12-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, I really do like your house, and my fiance and I have a friendly debate every now and then on what type of home we want to build (probably not until late 2009). I really love the look of log homes, but have always been leary of the maintenance. A lot of this is just hearsay and rumor as I really have no real world experience with them and only know of one family living in one. My dad has built quite a few homes in his time (including ours), and was contemplating building a log home when he built ours. This was back in 1978 and he was turned off by his concerns of building in a higher moisture laden environment (humidity) than you see in the drier climates out west. Now, this was in 1978, and I hear the technology/treatment options available today really make a huge difference. I'm sure you researched this thoroughly, so I assume you have no fear of the logs fading over time/cracking/splitting/general deteriation? How about bug infestation? I really hope to check out your home more if you're still interested in working on my bow sometime.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Matt, your not that far away. Just let me know and your fiance and yourself are welcome down anytime. Todays technology certainly makes a difference. Just look up Sikkens products for woods, it's expensive but is the best. Put it this way, my dealers home is over 20 years old. They built an addition on it about 4 years ago when their house was 16 years old. The logs shrank a hole 3/16" of an inch....the new logs lined up perfectly.