Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

19 point in Addison NY ***(Pics added 12/7/07)

Old 12-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 19 point in Addison NY??

sorry i was talking about jacklighting , and spot lighting is only legel in certian countys here in md and before a certian time,

(quote..Poachers do what they do because they're greedy...period. No contest or lack of is gonna ever change that. )

put money on the line it will make an honest man do it ,

Old 12-03-2007, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

Pygmy....any chance you could post a picture on here. I am curious because I own land about 3 miles from where this deer was shot...thanks
Old 12-03-2007, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

A young fellow named Tom Ordway shot it...As I understand he works on a farm in the area..

His uncle is a friend of mine and showed me the picture...I don't have any way of scanning it or posting it at this time...

Al Strouse over on Cowanesque Lake is going to mount it...
Old 12-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

alright. Maybe I will take a ride to Strouse's and see it in person. Must be one heck of a deer...
Old 12-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

MJR... If I can borrow a photo from my buddy I could arrange to meet you someplace for a coffee or a beer.. I'm retired and I live in Addison... Ever stop by the Campbell American Legion..??..
Old 12-03-2007, 03:41 PM

That same picture was floating around last year. Not from NY either.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fishfry....You mean the picture of the Taft buck..?? That's the big non-typicalthat had it's head hacked off right at the top of the throat...

A lot of controversy arose from that, but the kill was checked out by the DEC and they found no evidence of foul play... I think it was taken two years ago...

This Ordway buck looks similar enough and was taken in the same general area, although, if my rusty memory serves me right on the Taft buck,this oneisn't quite as big...

Still, it's a helluva buck... A lot of calcium....
Old 12-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

WHOA..!!!..Just went back to the beginning and saw the pictures...

That is definitely NOT the buck I saw a picture of... The one that was taken in Curtis Hollow is a big buck, but nothing like that monster..

I'm talking a buck that might ( and I'm just guessing here) score 200 non typical..... heavy, thick beams with a lot of points, but nowhere near the tine length of that critter...Is that REAL, or cyber creation..??..

What is the (supposed ) origin of that buck..??..
Old 12-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

PYGMY

IF YOU LOOK AT THE THREAD TITTLED ( CHECK OUT ANOTHER MARYLAND MONSTER) YOU WILL SEE WERE ITS FROM , I THINK EVERYONE EVERYWERE IS LAYING CLAM TO THAT DANG DEER
Old 12-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Spike

i read this buck was killed in texas and i read maryland to and now ny

Quick Reply: 19 point in Addison NY ***(Pics added 12/7/07)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.