Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone in NJ winter bowhunting?

Old 01-23-2003, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone in NJ winter bowhunting?

I love the winter bow season. I didn't get to hunt the first half because I was in Iowa chasing some midwest bucks. I did however get out a few times over the last week. I did hear some shotguns blazing, I can't wait till Jan. is for bowhunting only again. Monday morning I was lucky enough to have 9 doe come within 30yds. I was able to arrow the lead doe which turned out to be one of the biggest does I have killed in quite awhile. How are you doing, is anyone else crazy enough to be in a stand with the bow? I don't know what it is, but I get so much satification shooting a deer in the dead of winter with my bow.

Old 01-23-2003, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone in NJ winter bowhunting?

I havent been out at all due to the cold weather as well as a new born. I dont know anyone that has been out w/the bow due to the shotgun season keeping the deer on edge. Plus, Saturdays are taken over by the deer drivers so bowhunting is not even manageable on my lease. The shotgun boys have been knockin em dead and thank god this is the last Sat.

Hunting the wilds of Jersey
Old 01-23-2003, 08:28 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-24-2003, 07:44 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-24-2003, 01:27 PM
Typical Buck

Not this year Mid. I've been out with the smokepole. Congrats on the big doe.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:51 PM

I went once in zone 29. (see Permit Shotgun NJ). I agree with Broad and SJ. Nearly impossible to take a deer with a bow with all the gun hunters charging through the woods. Gun hunters should have there day like all of us, but so late into January is just outta hand.

Congrats on the Doe!!

Any day spent huntin, is better than any day spent workin,,

Duckmastor2
Old 01-24-2003, 05:53 PM

i have been out twice so far. i wound up getting just a bit of frostbite on a tip of a finger but it's better now. man was it cold that day. i was fine sitting in my stand but when i climbed down i was wearing gloves with the fingers cut off and i got it by just holding my stand as i climbed down. i'm not even going this weekend.
Old 01-25-2003, 05:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-26-2003, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

Both times I hunted were in zone 15 also. I don't have the deer drivers, but I got the pheasant hunters. I would have passed on the bucks also. There is nothing worse than shooting a good buck this late and having his rack fall off when he hits the ground. I need one more small one, wife says we need chopmeat. Hey NJ, I see they are going to put up some homes on the corner of Paint Island and 537. It was in the paper last week. Fantastic huh!!! See ya later, MWX

Old 01-26-2003, 02:33 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Anyone in NJ winter bowhunting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.