Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WILD COUGARS CONFIRMED IN PA.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Spike

Default RE: WILD COUGARS CONFIRMED IN PA.

yeah i'm with johnl, i need to see a dead one or something, if they are around great, good for them, but I dont see why there needs to be all this attention to something that isnt causing a problem and no hard evidence its there
Old 11-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Kent Co. Boy

yeah i'm with johnl, i need to see a dead one or something, if they are around great, good for them, but I dont see why there needs to be all this attention to something that isnt causing a problem and no hard evidence its there
i remember not to long ago when ALL coyotes started showing up in pa. in huge numbers.
people denied they existed in great numbers.
almost like they werereleased to kill deer off,which is what the PGC/DCNR wants.
they say they did not release them, hunters say someone did.
same with COUGARS.
now we are seeing them and never did.

why is it that when the PGC/DCNR wants deergone that the COYOTE/COUGAR now roams states where they want deer gone?

this is what keeps things going.
are these predators being put in here to kill off deer?
they were not always here in numbers that are being seen.

i believe coyotes were released by someone,pgc denies they did it,dcnr too.
cougars, pgc says they are released pets,it took years for them to even say that.

this is what is keeping it going.

ARE PREDATORS BEING RELEASED TO KILL DEER OFF?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: sproulman

wilds,this group found COUGARS evidencewhen our great game commission denies they EXIST.

hundreds of people hunters/non hunters were called bad names on hereby people who never saw one and think they are great outdoorsman and know everything.

maybe you all should be more OPENED MINDED and not make fun of all hundreds that saw COUGAR and some tried to make fun of them.

only reason this group was started was because of all the DENIAL by our game commissions.
no one likes to be told theydid not see what they saw, do you?

it will end when people like you and others stop making fun of hundreds of people that saw cougar.

no one i know of is out to brag that they saw cougar, we only dont want to be made FUN OF and called a nut as you read on here.
Sent you a PM Sproulman...it IS all about beingopen minded.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

I SEEN A BIG CAT A FEW YEARS AGO WELL OVER A 100 LBS IN THE LATE PA. FLINTLOCK SEASON HUNTING IN THE TUCKANOCK AREA
Old 11-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

SHOULD WE AS HUNTERS BE WORRIED...CAN ONE OF THESE LAY THE SMACK-DOWN ON YA? MAYBE THE PGC NEEDS TO ENACT THAT LAW THAT ALLOWS BOWHUNTERS TO CARRY PISTOLS WITH THEM....ANY THOUGHTS?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PAHUNTER105

SHOULD WE AS HUNTERS BE WORRIED...CAN ONE OF THESE LAY THE SMACK-DOWN ON YA? MAYBE THE PGC NEEDS TO ENACT THAT LAW THAT ALLOWS BOWHUNTERS TO CARRY PISTOLS WITH THEM....ANY THOUGHTS?
Went into effect this year. As long as you have a concealed carry permit, you are good to go. Doesn't say you can't carry a TC Contender with, say, a 30/30 chambered barrel and scope, does it?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: lonewolf5348

I SEEN A BIG CAT A FEW YEARS AGO WELL OVER A 100 LBS IN THE LATE PA. FLINTLOCK SEASON HUNTING IN THE TUCKANOCK AREA
as livbucks said, if you have LTC permit,you can carry pistol in archery.
i dont like it because some will shoot a buck with pistol and stick arrow in hole.
also i believe you could carry a bow/rifle in the early doe season,shoot doe then buck with bow ,if you are honest with bow.
i saw guy with crossbow on his back,rifle and pistol,man, he looked like he was going to war ,not deer hunting..
Old 11-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: livbucks

ORIGINAL: PAHUNTER105

Went into effect this year. As long as you have a concealed carry permit, you are good to go. Doesn't say you can't carry a TC Contender with, say, a 30/30 chambered barrel and scope, does it?
good one, is contender a pistol?
Old 11-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

good one, is contender a pistol?
More like a pistol gripped rifle.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:17 PM

Think about it there are bear and bobcats in the woods. How often do you see one? There are many many bear around and you might see one or two a year. Bobcats are around in good numbers too you can track them but how often do you see one. I would say that if there are cougars around they probaly are not in great numbers. Makes sense to me why they are not seen often. And yes I do believe they are here in WV.

Quick Reply: WILD COUGARS CONFIRMED IN PA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.