Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ct rut

Old 10-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Spike

Default ct rut

i got my shotgun permit for CT week of thanksgiving. anyone have any idea on the rut situation in CT? i'm currently in VT so have no clue.anyone else going out for shotgun this season?
Old 10-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Spike

Default RE: ct rut

Are you going for A or B season. B starts the Saturday after Thanksgiving?

What part of the state will uou be hunting in?

The rut is usually in mid-Novemeber. A guy I know swears by Alsheimer (author of a bunch of books on deer behaivior and deer hunting). Alsheimer uses the lunar cycle and says the rut will be early this year. In fact now would be a great time to hunt.

Anyway. good luck.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Spike

I got my permit for A season. Will be hunting the powerline in Haddam (zone 8). Last time I was out (two seasons ago) they were doing a lot of work installing new poles. Hopefully it hasn't driven the deer too far away. I hope the rut isn't too early, don't wanna be hunting the post-rut but beggars can't be choosers.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be in Patchog SF for the A season I will be bouncing in and out as I aslo hunt private land. I have always had great luck in CT. It is where I fill my freezer every year. I hope the trend keeps up. Good luck guys.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

My buddy was bowhunting down there a couple of nights ago on an oak ridge... Had bucks chasing does all around him all night...
Shot a 6 point.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

My parents have 23 acres in colchester area9 and i was out last night just to see if i saw anything and it sounded like a freight train running through the woods. deer beeing chased all over. I just got my CT license and hoping to go soon. Not to sure how the hunting is up here but i left my paper work for my permits here so my parents can go to hartford for me... any info on this are i am in??? Area 9 colchester????
Old 11-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

I've been out bowhunting, about 30 times already! (SE CT Rosehill) I saw my first scrape on Oct 25th! I am still seeing new ones every day!! I wouldn't say the full rut is on, but it should be any day!! The bucks are already chasing, but the does aren't ready!! I had a half rack come in to my doe in heat bleat this morning! I would say by the 14th you will be hunting post rut!!
Old 11-08-2007, 06:23 AM

I was in onTuesday after the rain stoppedand within the last week there is so much more sign. If that's a goodindicator, I would guess it's definately on. I've heard that 3 days after the new moon is an indicator as well and the 14th will fall right in that time frame. That's if you believe all that stuff.We'll soon see right! Good luck guys.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats why I love to hunt Ct. the gun season is right on time with the Rut. So unlike my home state of Ma which opens after the rut passes. Come on Wed. I can't weight.