Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Q? FOR MD HUNTERS

Old 11-03-2007, 08:16 PM

Default RE: Q? FOR MD HUNTERS

That is a prime example of poor sportmanship and not the example that I want to show my kids. I lived in PA at one point in time andall the huntersI knew would not and did not show that kind of sportmanship.Hunters in MD and PA both need to look at themselves and think hard about what kind of example they are setting for the next generation of hunters. We ALL need to take the time to count the points before we shoot.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:31 PM

We need to take the time before we shoot to count the points and we need to make it our mission to teach our kids that it is the correct way. There are people out there that are just waiting to prounce on any wrong or incorrect doings in the hunting community, please let's not give them any negative ammo to use against us as hunters. Please take the time to count the points or take a doe instead as long as you do it legally.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

are adulthunters carrying kids/senior tags in woods,you bet.
are road hunters carrying kids/senior tags,you bet.
are gangs driving deer carrying kids /senior tags or are they shooting the spike bucks then getting kid to put tag on it,you bet.

question is, HOW DO YOU STOP IT..
i have answer,MAKE IT 3 POINTS TO SIDE FOR ALL OF US..
then sproul says, the bucks you see will be many and nice ones too.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Spike

I totally agree. I only own 38 acres of woods but, have been practicing this for a while. I understand both sides of the fence. If someone just wants meat thats great since the law right now says they can shoot whatever. But, to me personally a doe can fill that need. And I have already let a spike a 3 pointer and a nice 4 pointer walk by me this year alone. Even though they can walk to a neighboring property and be taken. It is my preference to try and let them grow and I hope that some restrictions do happen in the future.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

sounds good, let em grow up and mature.. I wont shoot anything thats smaller then what I already have on the wall. now if my son sees a nice 6 or something ill let him take being its his first deer. but hes already letting the small ones walk so thats a good start.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: smokyghost

sounds good, let em grow up and mature.. I wont shoot anything thats smaller then what I already have on the wall. now if my son sees a nice 6 or something ill let him take being its his first deer. but hes already letting the small ones walk so thats a good start.
i wish MORE dads were like you and your son.
first year we hunted at 12, we shot doe.
after that,dad had us hunting bucks,it was your start to MANHOOD.

now, i see many fathers that let kids shoot fawn and dont care if they get buck, just deer.
i guess we are from OLD SCHOOL because our thinking is not norm now.
we used to go to school and tell our friends how we stalked a nice buck, how he got away and we followed tracks and ambushed him.
now,they go to school and talk about how they shot a doe and how great meat was in the crockpot..

how things are changing..........
Old 11-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

I live in MD now but grew up in NEPA. in the past 6 years since the restrictions i have yes seen fewer deer in the woods BUT have seen the biggest deer I have ever seen or that my family has seen on out 200 acre family farm which was established in the 1850's On the eastern shore of md i have seen some real hammers in the last 2 years on PUBLIC LAND. On the farm back on PA i may now see 1 or 2. much better than 6 years ago when it was 1 or 2 for a large general area. QDM works if everyone will buy in to it
Old 11-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

I live in MD now but grew up in NEPA. in the past 6 years since the restrictions i have yes seen fewer deer in the woods BUT have seen the biggest deer I have ever seen or that my family has seen on out 200 acre family farm which was established in the 1850's On the eastern shore of md i have seen some real hammers in the last 2 years on PUBLIC LAND. On the farm back on PA i may now see 1 or 2. much better than 6 years ago when it was 1 or 2 for a large general area. QDM works if everyone will buy in to it