Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD Early Muzzeloader

Old 10-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: MD Early Muzzeloader

CONGRATS ON THE SIKA BIGCOUNTRY ,
I WENT OUT TODAY WITH MY BOW , GOT RAINED ON ALL DAY BUT SEEN ALOT OF DEER MOVEMENT MID DAY WHILE I WAS DRIVING THROUGHT OTHER PUBLIC LAND IN MONTGOMERY CO, INCLUDING ONE HUGE 4 POINT ,
WILL TAKE THE T/C ONCORE OUT TOMORROW MORN, HERE IN HAGERSTOWN TO SEE IF I CAN CATCH SOMTHING NICE B4 I HAVE TO GO COACH PEE WEE FOOTBALL THE REST OF THE DAY , GOOD LUCK GUYS

JIM
Old 10-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

BC i met you at Dave's one year and I sure don't remember you looking like that in that pic. That pic is a spitting image of my son in law, I called my wife in to look at it without saying anything and she said the same thing. That is you in the pic isn't it? BTW, congrats on a fine season so far.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:35 PM

I went out yesterday morning at BARC and didn't see anything.... temperature wasn't bad till about... 8.. then you could feel it heating up. We went and check some property out in Salisbury.. that was a no go. I'm headed out tomorrow down near Rock Hall,I got a really good feelin and with this front and slightly cooler temps. I think something good may go on tomorrow.

Also, Mike at Barc said that the morning hunt at beltsville was cancelled, wasn't allowed to say why but that it was cancelled, afternoon hunts are still good though i believe
Old 10-19-2007, 07:25 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

BC i met you at Dave's one year and I sure don't remember you looking like that in that pic. That pic is a spitting image of my son in law, I called my wife in to look at it without saying anything and she said the same thing. That is you in the pic isn't it? BTW, congrats on a fine season so far.

Yep, I have met you a 3 times. Once at Daves, and once at macrotech, and once at Dover Intl Speedway with Charlie. Must not have made much of an impression

Yep, thats me in the flesh. Your son in law, must be a handsome devil.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:09 AM

Rock Hall area is exceptional for hunting good luck.
I do not live all that far from there. I was out yesterday evenin and wow I saw 0 deer but the squirels were every where.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

OK well skunked so far this year. I saw one doe today that I couldn't get a shot at. Anybody else?

Looks like I'll be out with the bow soon as the rut is coming.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Everything is a lease over at Rock Hall though unless you have some serious ties.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the Sika. I heard they eat better than Whitetails...any truth to that?
Old 10-20-2007, 08:43 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Steve F.in MD

Congrats on the Sika. I heard they eat better than Whitetails...any truth to that?
I don't see the big hoopla on thier taste. They have a different taste, but I sure won't throw away my whitetail loins over them. My wife swears she likes sika better.

I love hunting them. Alot tougher than WT I think.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:23 PM

Yeah, there is some good hunting in Rock Hall and it is all by lease.... it gets harder and harder to find land worth anything now that we stick with this it's only about10 acres but we pull several deer off of it each year and there are some realhammers in the area

as for a report.... morning both my cousin and I saw nadda

Afternoon.... I saw a real nice non-typical and a 3x2 but didn't feel good about the shot on the non-typ. so i let it walk till the rut starts up..... will be an awesome bow buck. My cousin saw 9 and shot agood size doe... about 90 dressed

how did everyone else do?