Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Lets Get it done NY'ers

Old 10-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lets Get it done NY'ers

ORIGINAL: moose1915

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

....i shot, missed, he ran 20 yards, i reload, shot, hit a branch....

practiced too much, eh?
im sure you never miss
Old 10-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ha! i got a bite!!
Old 10-15-2007, 10:33 AM

I had a great day saturday, even tho i didn't get a shot off. Sat. morning i was about to get into my ladder stand when i heard what must of been a coyote going bizurk, prolly no more than 50 yards from me. Scared the crap out of me, i ran up that stand faster than i ever had.

Sat. afternoon i had a nice 6 pt come within 30 yards. i caught him on the trail cam a few weeks ago. i spooked him when i was putting my jacket on, but i would have let him go till next year anyway. After him a doe with 2 fawns came under my stand. she didn't offer a shot but i dont think i would have taken her anyway cuz of the fawns (im a softie i guess).
Old 10-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Drove into my dad's place and saw 6 good size does in my headlights at around 11:30pm in the yard. So I decide to get out into the back of the yard(40 acres of clearing in front of his 70 acres of woods would be the yard) real early and hide in a ground blind. Walk back about 4:30am decide not to use a flashlight so as to not spook any bedded deer and hope I don't trip over any of them. I got busted a few times I think as I got snorted at once and several times I hear footsteeps running around me, was a bit spooky hearing things running around in absolute darkness when you can't see anything. Anyway get into my blind finally and await shooting light. Apparently I got past at least one doe without scaring it off, as I hear footsteps behind my blind in the leaves. Deer passes my blind about 50-60 yards out looking at the blind the whole time and continues onto the woods. I decided to leave the blind out and probably won't use it till shotgun season. I did a few practice draws on my bow and while possible to take a shot from it, not very easy to do in such a cramped space. Hopefully after a few weeks the deer will get used to the blind, and I can find a better way to sneak back to it. I don't want to have to spend the night sleeping it it to beat the deer into the yard, but have considered that.