Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Public rifle ranges in CT?

Old 10-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Spike

Default Public rifle ranges in CT?

I'm new to the state and trying to find rifle ranges in my area (Waterford/New London, CT)and in the state. There are a number of private ranges/clubs in the area but I'm not interestedin paying $100+/year, going to meetings, giving my SSN out for background check, etc.just to check my sights or sight in a new scope every once in a while.

So far, this is what I'vefound online:

-NW CT Sportsmans Association - up to 250 yds.; Colebrook, CT
- Glastonbury Public Shooting Range - 25-100 yds.; Glastonbury, CT
- High Rock Range - up to 100 yds.; Naugatuck, CT
- Blue Trail Range and Gun Store - 50, 100, 200 yds.; Wallingford, CT

These are from NRAHQ. I know this list is not complete/up to date since the Ledyard Sportsmans Club (private) is not listed, so I'm assuming there are others missing.

Any help with range names, locations and even a phone number would be great!

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Spike

Default RE: Public rifle ranges in CT?

Blue Trail is your best bet. It is open every day. Weekdays are best because the day passes are reasonable (on weekends the hourly pass costs as much as the weekday day pass). Zeroing a rifle at Blue Trail is a pain the rear if you are doing more than confirming / adjusting your zero at 100 yards. You have to wait on a cease fire every half hour to go down to your targets. I also don't think you can shoot 25 and 100 / 200 yeard targets from the same position.

I suggest you break down and join a club.