Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ACORNS IN PA.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ACORNS IN PA.

If you think acorns are bad, you should see the black walnut tree in my back yard, those things would knock you out if they hit you and there are tons of them in this century old tree I have. I have to go out with my lacross stick and launch them out of my yard before I can mow, they make great projectitles when a lawn mower blad hits them.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: barrabas74

I was hunting this weekend and besides the heat I noticed how many Acorns there are. I hunt in Tioga county near the NY line. Just massive amounts of acors(there's lots of oaks on our property) falling. I also noticed the deer did not make it to the fields very much, most stayed back in the woods.
this year do to drought,apples took a beating,so deer are not in fields to much..
bugs did number on deer this year..
i saw 2 doe come under my stand and had ticks 1/2 inch long hanging from back of their heads..
also saw rabbits covered with ticks..after that, i am never eating rabbit again,too risky..

heat is keeping deer out of fields until late and hunters riding around also

weather is to get colder.this should kill bugs and deer will be in fields even with acorns in woods..

there is just to many hunters for number of deer now here in wmu 2g ,so deer are very spooky....
Old 10-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: johnnyc531

If you think acorns are bad, you should see the black walnut tree in my back yard, those things would knock you out if they hit you and there are tons of them in this century old tree I have. I have to go out with my lacross stick and launch them out of my yard before I can mow, they make great projectitles when a lawn mower blad hits them.
person came into hospital today,he was doing 60 mph on his motorcycle,no helmut and chestnut acorn hit him below his right eye..
i heard doctor say he may have a fracture in his cheek bone..
Old 10-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Fork Horn

Wow that sucks