Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Potomac-Garrett State Forest

Old 10-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default Potomac-Garrett State Forest

Me and a friend are going to Potomac-Garrett state forest this weekend to do some crossbow hunting (had success last year). Do any of you know how the hunting is going this year there? Has the drought effected it much? Any suggestions? We normally hunt private land in Pg county but always like to get away for a weekend with no wifes or kids.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Potomac-Garrett State Forest

Hey no idea how the hunting is in grret county? Im in allegany and everything seems to be going as normal?

But they must be some naggin wives to wanna leave the deer in PG to come up here with the bucks we have!! Haha

Good Luck!!
Old 10-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck , Keep an Eye out for Bears and Bear sighn I have a Bear permit this year.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Actualy my wife loves the break, no nagging here. My friends wife on the other hand is a total *****. Besides, gives me an excuse to visit my mom. She lives in Mt. Lake park. It is also a nice change of sceanory. We are not out for trophy's but to fill the freezer. This will be the last year to hunt the land in PG county due to it being sold. That sucks
Old 10-03-2007, 06:14 PM

A friend and I hunted Garrett State Park last Friday and Saturday. We saw about 10 does and a small 6 point though neither of us were able to connect. We had the most luck hunting near the corners of fields on the farms around the park. Evenings were the best.

Good luck