Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New York Opening Day Almost Here!!! Quick Question

Old 09-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New York Opening Day Almost Here!!! Quick Question

ORIGINAL: lpv77

I will look into it, but Iam 99% sureit is illegal! They sell all sorts of stuff in the store that is illegal for use but not to sell. I was in sports authority and they had mineral blocks(illegal) corn in a block(illegal) and some other various things. Its still baiting. You are still putting something that was not naturally there on the ground to Bait/attract deer to your stand!
I would definitly check with an ECO. I will also check.
ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

Can anyone verify the C'mere deer liquid attractant, that costs about 15 bucks, is legal in NY? I cant imagine this guy illegaly selling it, i cant even imagine the fine he would get.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Typical Buck

I meant to edit my original post. I hit quote instead and the previous post got posted. That is my edited version.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a small amount of a curiosity type scent in early season. I only place a couple of drops on the ground in my shooting lanes. Its strictly just to stop a deer, for a shot. It works well.
If I use any calls in early season its a fawn bleat to bring in a doe for meat in the freezer. I like to keep it simple in early season, and work on the deer's natural habits.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Fork Horn

Check your post that you have on the forum, i gave you my answer and you were'nt satisfied, you CAN NOT use any product with ANY amount ofSALT orTYPE OF SALTwhat so ever as an attractant or bait. CALL THE DEC they know
Old 10-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

I would not use scents yet. As for grunt calls. I usually go out before light and sit quietly until 9 or 10. If there is no activity and the other guys at camp aren't seeing anything, I'll try agrunt and bleat can on the top of the hour.Then I'll wait for another hour an try again. If nothing, get lunch and try a different stand for the afternoon.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:47 AM

well if you have many deer tracks under your tree stand i say you should not eat any garlic the day before lol, but i think you should wear scent lok or anything like that so they dont smell you and you should beat them to your stand so you dont spooke thatm and i think you should stay there all day and take some snacks with you so you dont starve ...... thats what i would do if you have the patience to sit up there allday liek i do .... good luck and hope fully you do drop one of those deer in their tracks good luck to everybody and be safe!!