Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

what happend to the good hunting shows?

Old 09-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default what happend to the good hunting shows?

hey ,
what happend to the good hunting shows on tv, dvd.?
im getting so sick and tired of watching these high fenced hunts on tv,
and im also getting tired of seing all the damn hunting on ranch were 50 deer come out into the crpfield or the biologic field and they pass 10 monster bucks that half of us will never get to see on public land then when they shoot the other deer only run just 50 yards then look around like o well ,
all in all not one lession is learned by watching these shows except if you hunt at 777 ranch you can kill this,
what ever happend to the shows that show the guy scouting and hunting a rub line or hunting some scrapes or even giving us a reason why the deer are moving in the area and why they picked that spot to hunt ,
im tired of seing these guys slam 160 class bucks i want to see a show were the guy hunts public land , killed small deer , does, and tells you a lession about when to hunt white oaks, red oaks , ext,
sorry i dont mean to rant and rave but im tired of these guys with the big buck down cyndrome , and makes me look stupid when i tell non hunters hey i hunt and i did not kill one today and they say your a retard i seen some guy on tv kill a monster and he was not even wearing como he was walking around in a tee shirt with his bluejeans and his bow
Old 09-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: what happend to the good hunting shows?

I agree DR KILL, those shows fall right into the hands of the anti hunters.
And what are those shows doing to the kids? I guess some think if they don't get a big 10 or 12 point they have failed as a hunter.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:59 PM

i dont like high fenced hunting at all, its lame. but most shows i watch are not high fenced. yes they are in areas where big buck thrive b/c it makes for a more exciting show. if they taped me hunting my property in central NY it would be so boring no one would ever watch it.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Try these videos by Craig Larson. http://www.northernvisions.ca/index.html#VideosReal hunters, real video, not backed by million dollar companys. These are everyday people hunting in the land of big bucks.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:08 AM
Host of Hosts

That's why I don't watch hardy any hunting shows on tv anymore. I think most do more harm than good for our reputation. I usually only watch Deer and Deer Hunting. It is almost all informational instead of kill, kill, kill. Granted the kill is what happens obviously, but the way most shows are doing things just doesn't seem like real world hunting.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

I added a link to my post above to Craig Larsons videos. Here it is also: http://www.northernvisions.ca/index.html#Videos.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I can't stand about the hunting DVDs or t.v. shows is they talk about QDM but part of that is harvesting does, but in all the videos you see its all about taking the big monster buck, they also need to show the proper care and handling of the deer after the shot. This would make them better to watch and also help younger hunters understand the full aspect of hunting.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

I gotta agree I'd love to see some show with some more information to help the average hunter out.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:11 AM

I couldn't agree more with everyone's post! I had often thought to myself, me and a few buddies should start our own show, and tape us on all of our hunts, and show real hunting. I bet people would like to watch the true excitement and fist pumping of the 120 8 we shoot after putting in a ton of work scouting etc. Show how bad your hands are shaking or how hard your breathing after even a doe is shot. Bet people would watch that show more then any other just knowing its real old fashion hunting. Not here's my 6grand show me what pen my buck is in.

Whatever happened to talking to your neighbor on the farm down the road and getting permission to hunt. Or walking the woods all year round to scout. Or talking to your local buddies after all your nights of spotting and sharing info. What happened to Hunting the Sport?!

Only good hunting show out right now is "Getting Close" and guys you know its not bc of the deer!!!!!

Signed,

Real Hunter
Old 10-01-2007, 11:52 AM

you know what PABuckBuster.. My buddy and I are in the process of that. We are just as happy to have a doe kill on tape. I dont care that the buck I shot is 2.5 years old and 120".. My biggest deer kill to date is 115".. Why does everything have to be a 140" plus to shoot? Who gives a crap. Yeah its nice to see big bucks get killed, but the average joe cant always do that. Put some kills that the average hunter/weekend warrior can do.

Quick Reply: what happend to the good hunting shows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.