Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Archery Hunting Ohio?

Old 08-29-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Archery Hunting Ohio?

Anybody hunt Ohio??
I'm an archery hunter from South Western Pa, and want to do some hunting somewhere in Eastern Ohio. Anyone know any websites orhave any info about publicland access, camping,deer population, or licencesin that part of the state? I know they got some good bucks, just don't know where to start for planning a"cheap"3 or 4day archery hunt. Any info will be helpful.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Archery Hunting Ohio?

Check out the parcels of Wayne Nat's Forest in Washington county. It's great hunting....rough country and you can get away from people. Wayne Nat'l is over 200,000 acres in 5 counties, so there's plenty of room. For archery, it's normally not too crowded just north of Marietta.

Also Salt Fork area just east of Cambridge is a real good place also.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:42 AM

Default RE: Archery Hunting Ohio?

I have a Honey Hole above Broughtons Ice Cream in Marietta, OH. Its 100 acres and there is noone Bowhunting on it. I have sole access. I thought about inviting some people to hunt there as well. I will keep you posted if I do and I will let you know.

Check out these guys in South Eastern Ohio.

http://www.myccs.us/keith/