Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Western Maryland?

Old 08-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Western Maryland?

Where do u hunt up here Lefty? State? Private what? And no matter what long beard says there are some nice places to hunt in western maryland u gjust gotta look for them. But he is also right about in some places with people walking up on u. Only had that happen in rifle season though.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:51 PM

i hunt green ridge alot for turks, have seen some but havent connected yet. i have never tried deer hunting there, although i have seen many deerr while turkey hunting and jus driving around. its jus too far from me to hunt regularly and there are many hunters, even in turkey seasson. MAN I WISH I HAD SOME PRIVATE LAND lol.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Used to hunt ***** Mountain on private property. The locals would drive the whole mountain and didn't care about property lines. Had words most everyday with them yahoos. Small deer very small deer, 100-120 lbs adverage when I hunted there back in the 80's.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:10 AM

I'll stick with good old Cecil County. Elk Neck and Fair Hill state parks.Lots of WMA's loaded with deer and some real good ones with hardly any pressure during bow season. Especially in the middle of the week. I hunt one WMA and have hadone guy in the last 4 years walk by me. I love hunting in my area you guys should come on over.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Breakaleg, give mesome insight in Fairhill if you will.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:56 AM

I ama Western Md'er. I live outside ofCumberland and hunt the outskirts. Also, I hunt private land in Flintstone and Garrett County. Ihave been blessed with recent opportunities to access private land.
I woud love to chat with you guys sometime. I would invite you to hunt but I am a guest myself on the private land.Kyle
Old 08-11-2007, 03:00 PM

Where do u hunt up here Lefty? State? Private what?
I hunt both. I'm in a club out there and my buddys pap has a farm out there. I have hunted Green Ridge a bit and Savage.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

That is where im from where do ya live in cumberland? Iam from Cresaptown now live in Cumberland.Maybe we could get together and hunt sometime?
Old 08-11-2007, 06:37 PM

Fair Hill has 4 to 5 different bow hunting areas. Some are 50 acres and some are a couple hundred acres.If you go to the ranger station you can get all the maps of the areas. Some require long walks to get out there which equals no pressure.I have only hunted there 5 or 6 times and seen deer almost every time out.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Western Maryland?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.