Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

orange reqs. for ny

Old 08-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-28-2007, 02:59 AM

Default RE: orange reqs. for ny

Chances are, if the victim had Blaze Orange on, he would not have been shot. The guy climbing the treestand with his rifle over his shoulder was the producers mistake, the video was a re-enactment and should have been edited. The shooter in the video stated that he swore it was a deer, so he did not shoot on noise alone, he had to have seen movement of some kind. Bottom line, wear blaze orange in the woods.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:37 AM
Fork Horn

I wear orange myself but from the video it seems pretty clear that wouldn't have made a difference. The guy swearing he saw a deer (after the accident) is a lot different that positively identifying your target and what is beyond it.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:50 AM

Well to this day have I yet to see an Orange Deer.....enough said.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-29-2007, 03:02 AM

Well, if you do not want to wear blaze orange, then thats your parogative. I myself am going to continue to wear it in the woods. I am a very cautious and courteous hunter, but you cannot assume thateveryone else in the woods is the same, so why take a chance? You continue to do what you feel is safe and I will continue to wear my orange. The whole reason for wearing orange in the first place is to protect yourself. I guess some people just do not want to be told what to do.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-30-2007, 02:45 AM

I agree it's a wise choice when moving on the ground, I just dont want the government/DEC/Blissninnies removing the CHOICE of whether and when to wear orange.
Understood

Old 09-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

I myself always wear an orange vest when gun hunting, not bow. Although the story you are using to prove your point is very sad, it hardly does just that. If you notice the man who got killed was wearing orange.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Dominant Buck

I always use a blaze orange hat and a keep an orangevest in my game pouch for when I am moving at the ends of the day or when I am in an area with a lot of other hunters I don't know. Bow hunting I am always in full camo but use a light when traveling in the dark.

Quick Reply: orange reqs. for ny

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.