Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

a little help

Old 04-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: a little help

many wont agree here... but Ted Nugent does more for young hunters,than all states combined. you need educated about the heritege of hunting which include responsiblities to the game being hunted.it also means being tutored by a SEASONED hunter, to help educate in learning the woods and the specific tactics for the game being chased. Hunter Safety is a given, and should be mandatory for EVERYONE, not just rookies. Thanks for showing an interest in the sport, and if you listen to anything I've said, listen to this:
keep your $$ in you pockets, and DON'T buy into the marketing schemes of the hunting industries. you DON'T need the latest, greatest ,high-dollar camo/gun/equipment... it WILL NOT make you a better hunter, not guarantee success.
learn of the animal that you are after,1st!!! I laugh @ all the "garbage" being marketed today, from amplified hearing aids, to $700 bows... guard your $$. THEY want it, and you'll need it.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:29 PM

Don't sweat it BigBuck28, I can see how you someone could take it as a joke, but trust me it is not. I`m very interested in the sport.

Thanks for everyone who has helped me out so far.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Typical Buck

welcome younggun2010 ,
and heed the advice of many here , they know what they're talking about , and if you want to be a successful hunter do what rem1100 said , as well as get maps of your terrain,and scout your terrain ,and knowledge of every game ( and non-game ) animal in it. and a good first aid course as well to be fully prepared for whatever situation may arise in the field .

whelen36