Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

One South Jersey club's take for the week

Old 12-16-2002, 07:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default One South Jersey club's take for the week

The club around the corner from me took these pitiful deer during the NJ gun season last week. They drive, drive, drive and shoot anything with antlers. I don't hunt NJ because of this and the high cost of licenseing.

This was their biggest. I wouldn't even have shot this one during the bow season.

Edited by - mdbohuntr on 12/16/2002 20:53:58
Old 12-16-2002, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: One South Jersey club's take for the week

Thnks for the pics. Looks like 2 decent bucks out of the lot. What is the name of this club? Just curious as to how many guys belong and what it costs to be a member--not that I want to join. Do they hunt private land only? THanks for the details.

Some guys just want to shoot any thing w/antlers.

Hunting the wilds of Jersey
Old 12-17-2002, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

So they shouldn't shoot a deer that doesn't measure up to your standards....even though the law allows it?

These deer aren't all huge, but pitiful? You've apparently not seen pitiful. I've seen hunting camps here in Ohio (big buck country) that have similar deer hanging after a week.

Old 12-17-2002, 07:02 AM

Is that Cedarbrook?
That 9pt ain't too bad. No use singleing out any one club, they all do the same thing, shoot everything and anything that's legal. You will not be a member for long in any driving club in NJ if you pass up smaller bucks, or let does go during the antlerless season. Hell, if you shoot a buck one day, and have two come by the second day, you better try to shoot both of them, or you'll get chewed out. Somebody will tag it, right? That's a fact and goes for all the driving clubs in SJ. Shame.

"In heaven, even the fish have antlers"
Old 12-17-2002, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

THERE IS AT LEAST 1, MAYBE 2 GOOD BUCKS IN THE PICTURE, THE REST I WOULD OF LET WALKED, TO EACH THERE OWN. I'M NOT A FAN OF DEER DRIVES AT ALL, EVERY CLUB THAT WAS IN CHARGE OF I WOULDN'T ALLOW DRIVES, BUT EACH CLUB HAS DIFFERNT WAYS. AND TO SAY YOU WOULD ALLOW 1 OR BOTH OF THESE GOOD BUCKS TO WALK DURING BOW SEASON, WE ALL KNOW YOUR "BSing" ITS A SHAME THAT MAYBE ONE OF THOSE SMALLER BUCKS COULD OF BEEN A DECENT BUCK IN A FEW YEARS, WE NEED "QDM" STATE WIDE
Old 12-17-2002, 02:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-17-2002, 03:12 PM

Well, I would let every single one of those bucks walk. HOWEVER, I'm a trophy hunter, but I haven't lost sight of the fact that it took me years of deer hunting to get me to the point that I am now. Lord knows I've taken more than my share of little bucks in the past.
I believe that if joe sportsman wants to shoot a little buck and be happy, than so be it. I think alot of guys forget that many people who hunt with clubs and drive only hunt during the 6-day week. For these people just shooting any buck at all is wonderful and I don't think that merits criticism.
just my 2 cents worth.

Old 12-17-2002, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

After reading my response to your post...I didn't want you to think I was being a smart alec. I respect your right to trophy hunt. I'm getting to that point myself.

It's just my opinion that each hunter needs to make the decision about what kind of deer they are looking for.

Old 12-17-2002, 04:27 PM
jf5

Every buck is a trophy as long as the hunter see's it as so. Applying your high standards on another's deer just isn't fair. Are you familiar with this area to know that huge bucks are available, and that these bucks should be passed regularly?? Is it that this piece of property should only have a harvest of trophy bucks rather than a healthy balance between the deer and the habitat??

I know many folks (myself included) who do not have the opportunities to pass on such bucks. In fact, when I hunt my own state, many times any buck is tough to come by.

I certainly have passed on similar deer when hunting places such as Montana, or Sask. Canada. But for the NEast, I think those are pretty good deer. Certainly not pitifull. But then again, I guess its apparent that I am not a trophy hunter.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like some of the jersyites from our area who went home emptyhanded and took their frustrations out back home instead of up here in NE PA like they usually do.

Quick Reply: One South Jersey club's take for the week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.