Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

some storm we're getting

Old 04-16-2007, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default some storm we're getting

Rained all day yeaterday and started snowing sometime after midnite. I plowed 5" of heavy, wet snow this morning and it's still coming down heavier than ever. Wind has picked up also. There were several trees down along/in roads coming into work. They say we may get 16" or more total. Where I'm at (Binghamton area) is supposed to be one of the hardest hit areas. Fun, fun, fun. Oh weel, supposed to be in low-mid 50s by weekend.

"I LOVE NY"
Old 04-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: some storm we're getting

The only thing we got down here was lots of rain.......and the wind started last night. Our power went on and off about 3 or 4 times.

I saw on the news yesterday that NYC got 5.5" of rain in Central Park.[:-]

No offense but I'm glad the snow started much further north.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm in that "much farther north" section and I'm not glad about it at all [:'(]

We have about 5 inches of snow, 3 inches of ice and countless inches of slush. Everything is flooded or in the process of flooding, all the roads out of town are closed and I'm stuck here at the station and can't get home. Bitter? Yes.

This is why I'm moving to PA.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Snowed in the night but all rain right now. Looks like it will stay this way until Friday. The good news is the ice has gone out from in front of the house. Time to get out the rods.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

The temps aren't too bad and the rain has stopped for now . . . but the dang wind is relentless! We last power from 1:30am to 5: 40am this morning while the wind howled outside. At 11:00am, the winds INCREASED and it's gusting around 60mph now!

I'm leaving tomorrow for the mountains (where it's colder, windier and snowy) for the spring turkey opener. Should be interesting!
Old 04-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: DaveH

The temps aren't too bad and the rain has stopped for now . . . but the dang wind is relentless! We last power from 1:30am to 5: 40am this morning while the wind howled outside. At 11:00am, the winds INCREASED and it's gusting around 60mph now!

I'm leaving tomorrow for the mountains (where it's colder, windier and snowy) for the spring turkey opener. Should be interesting!
Yeah Dave, it got down to 48* last night here!Keep it up there Bro!
Old 04-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

20" of wet, heavy snow and falling.
[:@]

Steve
Old 04-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

To be honest I can't say I feel sorry for you southern NY'ers. You've had it way too easy this winter!I only got about 2" total, and feeling mighty fine thats all I got. I was plowing 1ft snow Easter Sunday. I still have NO grass showing, and my snowbanks are up to my chest yet. Plenty in the woods too. Is spring ever going to get here????[:'(]
Old 04-16-2007, 11:16 PM

YA, wE GOT ABOUGHT 6 OR 7 " last night .
Talk abought wet and HEAVY ..
I,m getting preety sick of this weather now .
I almost wish hunting season started a month later last year do to the abnormal warm fall.
Well I guess I mine as well put the Christmas decorations back out ??[:@]
Old 04-17-2007, 04:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

The part of this state I am in got rain, rain, and more rain. Late last night it all went to ice so right now we are getting ice. Lots and lots of wind though. I am not sure what they have up north of me but, they were supposed to get all snow.

Quick Reply: some storm we're getting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.