Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

LEHIGH VALLEY HUNTING & FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA

Old 03-12-2007, 07:25 PM

Default LEHIGH VALLEY HUNTING & FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA

Just a heads up, the Lehigh Valley Hunting & Fishing Extravaganza is scheduled for the Kempton Fairgrounds in Berks County on June 22ND – 24TH

Note that both youth and adult activities highlight the extravaganza, a one-of-a-kind indoor-outdoor show offering everything from a 50 target 3D archery coarse, to visiting a huge primitive black powder encampment as well as a full array of modern day pursuits, such as the hunting and fishing yard sale. And there's plenty more. Just check out the website its being updated right now www.lvhfe.com

The extravaganza is promissing to be the most interactive outdoorsmen’s show the Lehigh Valley has ever seen.
Please if you were at the show last year let every one know how you liked it
Sorry about the rain!!!

Old 03-13-2007, 06:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: LEHIGH VALLEY HUNTING & FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA

You beat me to it Bob. Thanks for taking the time to post the info here. I will be sure to bump it up from time to time over the next few months. I look forward to seeing you at the show.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:51 PM

LETS JUST PRAY FOR NO RAIN THIS YEAR
Old 04-04-2007, 07:29 PM

TTT
Old 04-07-2007, 04:21 PM

Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and Leaders, & the children enrolled in Camp Compass will again be admitted into the show free of charge. We are working hard putting together a top notch program for the scouts. The invitation includes any or all days of the event on the condition that scouts and leaders are in class A uniform tops. Special events and instructors will be at the show to share their outdoor passions with the scouts. They can come out and hone there skills as an outdoorsman and learn from some of the best outdoorsman, in the area.
The Scout Challenge is a competition comprised of 10 stations requiring outdoor skills of all kinds. Participants will receive instruction and a score upon their completion of each activity. At the completion of all 10 stations, participants will turn in their score cards for a completion prize. At the end of the weekend, the top three scores will receive prizes. Some of the skills included will be Black Powder shooting, BB gun, and Video Shooting, Tomahawk Throwing, Rod Casting, Knot Tying, Bow Shooting and more.
This year we will also have a Troop Challenge for Boy & Girl Scout troops to compete for cash prizes for their unit. This will be a Pioneering and / or Camp Gadget type competition. Here are the rules, all projects must be made using natural tree timbers, and they must be held together with Cecil rope or twine and may be notched and or dovetailed together. These projects can be anything gateways, bridges, catapults, rafts, chairs, towers, Indian type beds, or any inventive creation they can come up with. All entrees can be delivered and set up on the Kempton Fair Grounds Thursday June 21st or Friday June 22nd. We would like all projects pre-registered via e-mail to Bob Danenhower through the Web Site e-mail system by June 10th. I just wonder if there is a group of girl scouts out there that could possibly beat a group of boy scouts at this challenge!!
Old 04-10-2007, 02:28 PM

Attention readers, this show is a ton of fun, and perfect during the off-season. I booked a great hunt last year, my son caught some trout, got amazing deals on my first crossbow (still hunt with the bow, of course), and met some great people. Looking forward to this year, don't miss it!!

What is going to be new for this?

Last year I wasn't able to shoot the 50 Target 3D shoot, due to the rain, but I am already getting my bow ready for this year! Was there a sporting clay course, last year? I saw some guys shooting, and wouldn't mind giving that a shot this year. Do I need my own gun?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:29 PM

No need to bring a gun Oley valley sportsman have some different modles you can shoot. LOTS OF FUN!!! You can bring your own if you like!!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:48 PM

“Hands on” show targeted at kids and adults alike.

L.V. HUNTING, FISHNG EXTRAVAGANZA SET FOR MID-SUMMER

Circle June 22, 23 and 24 on your calendar for the big Lehigh Valley Hunting and Fishing Extravaganza’s second annual run bringing a weekend of entertainment, contests, seminars, outdoor flea markets, dog training, product sales, competitions, 3-D bow shoots, a 50-target skeet shoot and plenty more.

Here’s what’s on tap.

* The mid-summer event – a unique mix of activities created for Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, youth leaders and adults involved in the great outdoors -- will be held at the Kempton Fairgrounds in Berks County. The extravaganza will fill two inside halls, roofed picnic sites, a large, rolling lawn and small woodlands throughout which the 50-target, Shot Gun & 3-D Bow Course will be set up.

* Also popular last year was the Scout Challenge, a 10-station competition testing the outdoors skills of the youngsters in such activities as muzzleloader and BB-gun marksmanship, tomahawk tossing, casting accuracy, knot tying, laser shoot challenges and. archery novelty shoot. A Camp Gadget – Pioneering Competition will be yet another unusual contest. Last year’s duck blind building winner was Troop 72 of Fogelsville. The 2006 event drew boy and girl scouts from
three states and 19 troops. The L.V. Chapter of Safari Club International will award cash prizes to the top gun laser shooting winners.

* Another popular follow-along event last year was the Mr. L.V. Outdoorsmen Competition and Miss L.V. Competition, both to be held Saturday June 23. Everything from shooting to “deer dragging” and other tests of skill will be humorous and hard-fought. Last year’s winners were Forrest Carlson of Kutztown and Susan Transue, Walnutport. For details and to register, visit our. Outdoorsmen Competition pages of our website.
* A big hit in last year’s show was the Outdoorsmen’s Flea Market, to be held Saturday and Sunday. Last year’s sale is expected to double or triple in bargain-priced merchandise this time around. Check the show Website at www.lvhfe.com for more information.

* Another highlight will be the Pennsylvania Big Buck Display featuring the 2006 Lehigh County 16-point whitetail shot by Lynn Lazarus Sr. in archery season. The buck pulled the scales to a hefty 200 ½ -pounds and scored 187 1/8 Buck Masters points. Other bucks exceeding 130 B&C or Pope & Young points will be available for close study. Bring your own big buck mount for display. Bring your camera, too.

* Two of last June’s most enjoyable demonstrations were presented by the Swamp Dog Club with its highly-trained retrievers stealing the show. Learn also some of the secrets to training your own sporting breeds. Anther weekend-long appearance by the Berks County Performing Dogs offers tips and tricks on canine obedience training and navigating agility courses.

* Once again the Pennsylvania Federation of Black Powder Shooters will establish a mock encampment filled with lots to do and good things to eat. Touching upon primitive lifestyles, mountaineer cooking, blanket trading and plenty more, the state’s “mountain men” invite all show visitors to stop by.

* Other local groups and sportsmen’s clubs participating in the Friday through Sunday outdoor extravaganza include the: Pennsylvania Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs; Pennsylvania Trappers Assn.; Jerry Zimmerman Memorial Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation; Walking Purchase Chapter of the NWTF; Federated Sportsmen’s Clubs of Berks County; Northampton/Lehigh Outdoor Sportsmen Assoc; U.S. Coast Guard Aux. Flotilla; Limerick Bowmen; Daisy BB Guns; Oley Valley Fish & Game; and L.V. Wildlands Conservancy.

• Main support of the youth/adult expo is provided by Rothrock Motors with a Diamond Sponsorship and the L.V. Chapter of Safari Club Int. with a Gold Sponsorship. Rothrock, of Allentown, will feature its exhibits of Dodge trucks and SUVs. L.V. S.C.I. will continue its support of the adult and scouting’s Top Gun awards for boy and girl scouts.

For specifics on all aspects of the L.V. Hunting and Fishing Extravaganza, log on to the show Website at www.lvhfe.com.
Show hours are: Friday, June 22, noon-8 p.m.; Saturday, June 23, 8 a.m.-6 p.m.; and Sunday, June 24, 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
Admission is $4 for adults; kids ages 8-12, $1; and kids under age 8, free.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:20 AM

ADD CABELAS TO THE LIST OF SHOW SPONSORS.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:34 PM

Announcements
First off, we take great pride in announcing some of our Major Sponsors; they really help carry the weight of bringing a show like this to our Lehigh Valley. Their support of the Extravaganza is their way of showing their support of you our local sportsmen. Also, we would appreciate you supporting them as well.
ROTHROCK MOTORS has shown their support of the extravaganza since day one with their Diamond sponsorship. They are putting together some really unique vehicle packages designed for sportsmen. Rothrock Motors truly is the sportsman’s friend!!
The LEHIGH VALLEY CHAPTER OF SAFARI CLUB INTERNATIONAL has also come aboard with a Gold Sponsorship. The LVSCI is one of the strongest and most respected chapters of SCI in the nation. They are the NRA of our hunting rights and champions of outdoorsmen youth education. This is a hands on group of outdoorsman that truly care about preserving our heritage.
We are also very excited to announce that CABELA’S has joined us with a Silver Sponsorship. This icon of the sportsmen’s world hasn’t lost its roots. They want to help support the Extravaganza due to its strong youth & sportsmen club involvement. Their Hamburg store will have a display and some special deals for our patrons.
Aside from our Major Sponsors we have had several businesses and individuals take advantage of other sponsorship levels. We greatly appreciate these sponsors; it’s nice to see other people who care about promoting our heritage. We have a complete list of sponsors on our website.

The U.S. ARMY will be coming to the Extravaganza to prove that they are ARMY STRONG!!
U.S. Army Sergeant First Class John C. Adams said he’s going all in to promote the Army. They are bringing out some great additions to our show. They will have a Climbing Wall, their new high Tec shooting simulator, their newest Decked out Hummer and they will be making Dog Tags. They will be running some physical & Marksman challenges and awarding Trade Mark Prizes. If that isn’t enough, they may even have soldier’s spouses camo- painting kid’s faces. This all sounds Army Strong to me!!!

The Pennsylvania Federation of Black Powder Shooters Inc.
will be hosting a shoot at the Lehigh Valley Hunting and Fishing Extravaganza. June 22nd, 23rd, & 24th at the Kempton Fairgrounds in Kempton PA.
The shoot will consist of a 10 shot paper AGG.
(Entry fee of $5.00) There will be Silhouettes to plunk at also.
This event is organized by Vice President Charles Sumpter So bring your Muzzle loaders and give it a shot.

In the spirit of hunting and fishing for our future

We are also very happy to announce the JUNIOR MR. LEHIGH VALLEY OUTDOORSMEN COMPETION.
Aside from all the great hands on stations that our clubs are operating for all kids and scouts. We will be hand picking 4 stations that all children can participate in. This Event is open to all boys & girls ages 16 and under. Scores will be tallied up after the show. Winners will be announced via. Press release and Prize packs will be mailed to the top 3 scores.

Quick Reply: LEHIGH VALLEY HUNTING & FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.