Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Frederick Watershed

Old 12-10-2002, 06:08 PM

Default Frederick Watershed

Anybody hunt there?I live only a few minutes away but have only ventured up there a few times.Seems like it gets hunted pretty hard.Is it worth it or not.
Old 12-11-2002, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Frederick Watershed

GTop,

A lot of deer are taken in the watershed. You have to use the other hunters to your advantage. If you do a little scouting and find where the deer travel, just set up and let the others move them to you. Get up there now, while there is snow on the ground, and you can see where the deer move. Also, you won't find nearly as much pressure during the week as on the weekends. There are plenty of deer up there. I hunted it for many years until I found some private farms to hunt on. HTH

Old 12-11-2002, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

i love it there!!!!!

Old 12-11-2002, 06:45 PM

I went there for the first time on opening day. I saw a lot of blaze orange, but only a brief glimse of a deer running through the woods about 150 yards away. I heard a LOT of shots, though, and other hunters with deer in their trucks. So, where are the good locations there?

Chesapeake Osprey
Old 12-11-2002, 08:10 PM

Sounds like the deer are pressured pretty hard.After opening day can you expect to see much unless there's people up there to move them?
Old 12-12-2002, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

GTop,

You have to go up there and scout the area. If, like most hunters, you only go 100 yards, or less, from the road you won't see many deer. If you are fit enough to get farther in you can find plenty of deer. There is no magic formula, it's public land and gets lots of use. You can find deer there but don't expect to saunter in on a fire trail and have a big buck step out in front of you. I know it does happen, but once firearms season comes in they are spooky.
Good luck

Old 12-13-2002, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

GTop,

This might be a good day to hunt the watershed. You could have all those FBI agents running the deer around for you. LOL

Old 12-13-2002, 12:28 PM

Steve F,

Thats a great idea!Maybe I could go to their Command Post and see if I can get them to organize a drive for me {}