Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Property owners and PGC laws collide

Old 02-13-2007, 04:17 PM

Default RE: Property owners and PGC laws collide

ORIGINAL: AJ52

You made a claim in affect that states the PGC may enter your land without probable cause.That makes no sense.Your Topic is "Property owners and PGC laws collide".Show us the collision by posting the code that conflits with your perception of State Regs.

What does make sense if hunting on a WMA you can be stopped while walking,driving etc....On private property there must be probable cause to enter. Very similar laws apply to fishing and being stopped by any number of law enforcement agencys,form F&W,marine police,Coast Gaurd etc....
If you have your own private pond/lake you are still subject to some state regs.

Now - if your saying the PGC has all these rights to enter your property you need to post the reg/code.I'm puzzled as to how PA/PGC could be violating or negating all these rights under the U.S. constitution.
Sec. 901. Powers and duties of enforcement officers.
(a) Powers. - Any officer whose duty it is to enforce this title or any officer investigating any alleged violation of this title shall have the power and duty to:
[ul](1) Enforce all laws of this Commonwealth relating to game or wildlife and arrest any person who has violated any of the provisions of this title while in pursuit of that person immediately following the violation.
(2) Go upon any land or water outside of buildings, posted or otherwise, in the performance of the officer's duty.
(3) Serve subpoenas issued under the provisions of this title.
(4) Carry firearms or other weapons, concealed or otherwise, in the performance of the officer's duties.
(5) Purchase and resell game or wildlife, or any part thereof, for the purpose of securing evidence.
(6) Stop and inspect or search, at any time, any means of transportation within this Commonwealth. Any officer who stops any means of transportation shall be in uniform and present a badge or other means of official identification and state the purpose of the inspection or search.
(7) Inspect and examine or search, at any time or place, any person or means of transportation or its attachment or occupants, or any clothing worn by any person, or any bag, clothing or container when the officer presents official identification and states the purpose of the inspection or search.
(8) Inspect and examine or search, at any time, any camp, tent, cabin, trailer or any means of transportation or its attachment being used when the officer presents official identification to the person in charge and states the purpose of the inspection or search.

[/ul]
Old 02-13-2007, 04:26 PM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

ORIGINAL: georgepoker

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

because even though you may own the land you don't own the animals. SO you have to follow the rules for killing those animals like everyone else.
Don't you think that is being hypocritacle to? Come on. They don't have to obey the constitution but we have to obey their laws on our property. Double standard and very hypocrit. This isn't about hunting without tags or poaching. This was about should we have to use the weapons they say and have to wear the colors they say on our own property. Can we not chose different. What harm does it do?
All you are doing is being argumentative. If you don't follow the rules you are poaching!!!! Poaching doesn't just mean not tagging or shooting more than you are allowed. You use a gun in archery season....POACHING!
Not at all. I wan't to know why it is wrong for land owners to have to follow these laws. On public land, Yes I see it is a must for safety reason. But do not see how it is a safety factor on ones own property. I enjoyuseing semi auto 22s. But law says I am not permitted to do so. I also enjoy wearing camo and just an orange hat while I move around/ I don't see how these thing affect others on my own property and my rights of choice is violated. Pursuit of happiness is violated if want to keep this on a legal stance. But I was just looking for reasons why this is not allowed? And believe this is a collision between land owners and PGC laws.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Host of Hosts

Pursuit of happiness is violated if want to keep this on a legal stance. But I was just looking for reasons why this is not allowed? And believe this is a collision between land owners and PGC laws.
Do you think you could get a lawyer to consider your case? I don't. Laws are there for a reason whether you see that reason or not. If you could do whatever you wanted on "Your Own Property" everyone else out ther with private land would expect the same no matter if they had 1 acre or 1000 acres. Why would you not want to wear Orange? You can't keep all tresspassers of your land and you could fall victim to that tresspasser's bullet from your movement about "your propery"
Old 02-13-2007, 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

Pursuit of happiness is violated if want to keep this on a legal stance. But I was just looking for reasons why this is not allowed? And believe this is a collision between land owners and PGC laws.
Do you think you could get a lawyer to consider your case? I don't. Laws are there for a reason whether you see that reason or not. If you could do whatever you wanted on "Your Own Property" everyone else out ther with private land would expect the same no matter if they had 1 acre or 1000 acres. Why would you not want to wear Orange? You can't keep all tresspassers of your land and you could fall victim to that tresspasser's bullet from your movement about "your propery"
I am sure many lawyers would jump on this case. What's wrong with people wanting the freedom of choice to wear what they want or use a gun of their choice.(as long as it's capable of doing the job). In a tree stand I see no purpose for orange. I like to blend in with mother nature.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

good info, george.. i did not know that rule, thanks..

here we go..a homeowner in cameron county had 5 acres of land..a elk was in his yard and eating his apples..he thinks of apples like you would your kids..

he told PGC to get the elk out of his property..they said, put up a fence..

so, he shot elk and was arrested..

then in clinton county,a guy owned 2 acres of land..he grows pumpkins and tomatoes corn..he is retiredr..he shot 5 elk on his property..

he was not arrested as they were eating his crops that he sells..

2 different rules..if that homeowner was selling his apples, he would have gone free..
Old 02-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Host of Hosts

I am sure many lawyers would jump on this case.

Let us know how it works out!

In a tree stand I see no purpose for orange. I like to blend in with mother nature.

Tell that to the guy who was mistakenly shot for a squirrell. If I can find the story again I'll post it.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Host of Hosts

george fact is if your out of sight from the road on your own property99.9% of the time no WCO is going to see whatever you do. If that land is posted against tresspass who is going to report you?

Go ahead George, Bailey Hill says just break the law they'll never know.

I can't believe anyone would post something like that. Pathetic!
Old 02-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

No where in 901 do I see where it remotely implys what you implied the PGC was or is doing to violate your rights as a land owner.

Why should the PA PGC make exceptions for land owners in enforcing existing game laws no matter what they encompass.

The only exceptions in Delaware are for crop damage.The legislature recently passed an expanded version of the previous law.That law was passed after farmers raised hell over crop damage.
That was accomplised thru talking with local reps.
A bill was introduced,revised and later passed.

BTW - It wasn't resolved over the internet.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did they lock up the idiot - Hope So.

As far as a home owner Going Free for shooting Elk if he grew/sold apples is pure Cow Dung! Geeeeez[:'(]
Old 02-13-2007, 05:13 PM

You guys are truley unbelievable. Didn't you attend school and have civics classes?

This has got to be a joke that people who claim to be hunting for so manyyearsdon't even know the basics of functioning in a democracy.

I'm thinking we are dealing with some kids here who articficially age themselves in here in order to get some undeserved credibility.
Why aren't you in school?

I notice the spelling is usually about 7th grade level on some posts but I also do that sometimes when I hurry. Guess yunz are always hurrying.
(yunz is purposely mispelled)

This entire topic of wanting special privledges for being a landowner is not democracy. Ya need to look into moving to some European states that haven't switched to democracy yet. Maybe ya could become a Czar.

Hahaha -- kids, ain't they something?

Quick Reply: Property owners and PGC laws collide

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.