Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

bradford county, pa.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:22 PM

Default RE: bradford county, pa.

Thats a nice buck.Taken the first yr of a/r as well and probaly had that rack the yr before as well how old was it did your neighbor get it aged or did he butcher it himself. Must have good habitat in Sully Co.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bradford county, pa.

I'm not sure how old that sucker was. He actually walk up on it, bedded down, and laid it down for good. We have no agriculture and no oaks on the property. What we do have is about 1000-1500 acres of overgrown clearcut up in the area. Deer have plenty of cover and food. There are also a lot of blueberry and black berry, swamps, hemlock thickets and some mature forest. The mast producing treess up there are beech and cherry. Most of the other trees are maple, striped maple, black birch and hemlock. I'd say that the clear cuts help alot with getting the deer fat and old. We're also on the edge of a steep drop-off. Access is near impossible on the back side of the property but the deer have no trouble with it. The big 13 pointer I posted was from the edge there. He was skirting the top bench up the drop-off.